Street Street photography (Image thread)

20211031_163320_X10V0146_misc.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Anime girl.

20211030_163015_X10V0057_misc_DxO.jpg

When I saw these guys sitting in this nicely lit area looking like their were fully engaged in their conversation, I made a couple of passes to get a photo. The first pass failed since I had inadvertently bumped my exp. comp. dial from the "C" position so it was grossly under-exposing the shot. We need more outdoor accommodations like this to encourage people to spend time and relax on the streets.

20211030_154449_PGX91458_misc.jpg

35 equiv has been my go-to field of view for the past years' street shooting but there are certain situations that require something longer. So in addition to my X100V which handles 95%+ of my street shooting, I'll still carry a GX9 with either the P12-60 or P35-100/2.8 in my sling bag. The 35-100 came in handy on the weekend when I wanted to juxtapose people against this tree's shadow. If I tried to shoot it while on the same side of the street, I would have required a much wider FoV which would have weakened the juxtaposition of passersby and the shadow. So the best solution was to shoot from across the street and the 35-100 let me do that.

20211030_161216_X10V0016_misc_DxO.jpg

A few days prior to taking this photo, I read an article that described a simple test to see if your marriage might be headed for trouble. The test was to point to something and express interest in it, and then see if your spouse looks at it or not. Fortunately, the husband was looking up just seconds before I took this photo.

20211120_160036_X10V0293_street_DxO.jpg

Whenever I pass by this restaurant on a photo walk, I look to see if there is anyone sitting at the window seats. The weather this past weekend was pretty blah but I at least lucked out when, lo and behold, there was someone kind enough to be sitting at a window seat AND he was wearing a red shirt to match the dominant colour and name of the restaurant. The light reflection from the window was problematic so I had to do some local editing in Lightroom to bring out his details, as well as use DxO's DeepPrime noise reduction to make the noise more bearable.

Back