Street Street photography (Image thread)

6905694821_7a83296807_z.jpg

Trying hard to do some street photography. This was snap focus from the hip and I wasn't looking so no chance of being beaten up. The thing is, I had NO idea what was on the card til I got home. I kinda liked this one.

6907561449_145b79edcc_b.jpg

Whats the story? by kyte50, on Flickr

Plus a couple more, since I was on a roll today

6907693923_7d5973700b_b.jpg

Downcast by kyte50, on Flickr

6907725201_0244473560_b.jpg

I know what you are doing :) by kyte50, on Flickr

Ok, I have tried colour for street........and it ain't got the juice for my kind of stuff. So, back to b/w.

Per the Rolling Stones......"no colour any more, I want it to turn black"

Well, for street stuff.......

It was a long day and I ruthlessly slashed hundreds of shots to just over 40 which I think are worthwhile showing. Too many to list here, so I have youtube'd them in a short presentation of clips lasting a couple of secs each.

Hope you look, hope you like too! Here is the link.

[quote="petach" ]I ruthlessly slashed hundreds of shots to just over 40 which I think are worthwhile showing. Too many to list here, so I have youtube'd them in a short presentation of clips lasting a couple of secs each.[/quote]

are you going to update the set on Flickr? not all of the shots on youtube are in the set i think (my faves unfortunately( & I'd like the chance to look at them there ...

Ok, I have tried colour for street........and it ain't got the juice for my kind of stuff. So, back to b/w.

Per the Rolling Stones......"no colour any more, I want it to turn black"

Well, for street stuff.......

It was a long day and I ruthlessly slashed hundreds of shots to just over 40 which I think are worthwhile showing. Too many to list here, so I have youtube'd them in a short presentation of clips lasting a couple of secs each.

Hope you look, hope you like too! Here is the link.

GNPC London Street Shoot - YouTube

Pete - I thought I'd seen and commented on several of those before - did you post them elsewhere like on m43.com or something? In any case, I just looked at the video and there's some really fine stuff in that bunch, as usual. Many good ones, but the standouts for me were the shot of the cat, the first one of the two musicians at the wall (with the large bass - I don't usually love street musician shots but these are good enough compositions to get over), and one with a little girl in the left side of the shot. Another nice off-kilter shot of a couple of girls laughing was very nice as well. You should do a book, if you haven't already. With such a large body of good work, ought to have some physical evidence of it!

-Ray

Another couple of hours in Philly yesterday - seems that winter has just flat given up on the mid-Atlantic this year with more days in the 60's than we should be having in February. I was in town for some other stuff, but it was too nice not to shove the GXR-28 in my pocket:

View attachment 49720

View attachment 49721

View attachment 49722

View attachment 49723

View attachment 49724

View attachment 49725

View attachment 49726

And a postcard of the old Pennsylvania Hospital - the first hospital from colonial days I believe - I've seen it from a different, boring, side so many times and I'd never walked around the corner and seen the grand old front entrance (which isn't used any longer). A really beautiful old building that I somehow just discovered after living here for about 20 years!

View attachment 49727

-Ray

Thanks Ray

Pete - I thought I'd seen and commented on several of those before - did you post them elsewhere like on m43.com or something? In any case, I just looked at the video and there's some really fine stuff in that bunch, as usual. Many good ones, but the standouts for me were the shot of the cat, the first one of the two musicians at the wall (with the large bass - I don't usually love street musician shots but these are good enough compositions to get over), and one with a little girl in the left side of the shot. Another nice off-kilter shot of a couple of girls laughing was very nice as well. You should do a book, if you haven't already. With such a large body of good work, ought to have some physical evidence of it!

-Ray

Hi Ray, thanks for the comments.....always appreciated from you. Funny, but I am in the process of committing my original New York stuff into a book through Blurb. Will do more as time/cash allows. Thanks for stopping by.....always a welcome guest.
Cheers
Pete.

Ray. Love them all, especially No.1 with the seemingly dissembodied head and hand of the guy. Also, looking from on high down into the abyss of Market Street concrete.

Norman....do I detect a subtle change in processing? Nice little set recording the mundanity of our urban lives.

Back