Street Street photography (Image thread)

talk talk

DSC03292.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This is a really good image Pete.
There once lived a photographer right near you who had a vision in his work that was always challenged.
His work was much more contrasty then yours but....
the framing and especially the emotional content between you and him is uncanny.
This is not to mean that your copying him. It means you are tuned into the energy that he was also.
It's a great image Pete.
Bill Brandt would love it.

cheers Don. It is very rare that I photograph vulnerable people. It feels like a cheap shot to me (why?) But here the contrast between plight and smug indifference was too powerful for me. NOT to take the shot would have been wrong.

On the streets in Bangalore, India

He had a busy shuffling gait and was hurrying past me.
I held out my hand showing my palm. "Stop"
He looked worried.
"Photo?"
He nodded.
*click*
I showed him the picture, he nodded, shook my hand and shuffled away.
I forgot to ask him his name.
kSoyL.jpg

Just after a light drizzle. Animated conversation. Slip slop slip slop beep beep.
gssVT.jpg

The shopkeeper wagged his finger disapprovingly.
KcGI2.jpg

Took a day in London with my wife for some much needed exercise. Took the Ricoh GRD3 with me for some on the fly street shooting of (mainly) tourists. Rather than post all the shots individually, I post a link to the flickr slide show. Hope you enjoy. Can you spot me and the missus?

London 01072012

Can you spot me and the missus?
Yeah, now I know what you look like... :cool: Very enjoyable set...

Christina - love that first New York photo. Everything on this page is worth seeing. I go for periods of time not doing much street shooting and not checking in enough. And I'm always impressed when I come back to see what everyone's doing.

-Ray

Back