Street Street photography (Image thread)

Here is a link with 'real street' photography as I understand it:

iN-PUBLiC | David Gibson

The random hipshots are not 'street' in the pure meaning. When a situation tells a story in a fraction of a second then it might be in this category. It's very difficult to get these kind of pics....

Here an old one from me, made in Amsterdam at a canal:

169527004_d5ec55244b_z.jpg

and from Sicily:

5023647528_1368e49e04_z.jpg

and the best over all from me, never to be replicated as hard I would try:

168436528_f5ce899036_z.jpg

I like every single one of these pictures. They're all very well seen and taken. Great thread, great photos. And, an excellent set of explanations as to what "street photography" encompasses. To me it casts a pretty broad net.

OldTownPasadenaintherain6.jpg

OldTownPasadenaintherain18.jpg

OldTownPasadenaintherain58.jpg

OldTownPasadenaintherain69.jpg

OldTownPasadenaintherain71.jpg

Nice set Wally and nice presentation (not sure about the music though:)) I particularly like your interior shot on 40seconds (National Gallery East or American Indian?) and the little kid running. There's a chance I may be moving to DC for a couple of years 18 months from now so keep the pics coming - I need the inspiration.

Javier really like the first two.

Then there was this one:

IMG_0199_1_Qhere.jpg

Caption: Q here

Incidentally, This was the first time I'd tried any street photography with the G12, and the the flip'n'swivel LCD was perfect. When I used it as a waist-level finder people paid no attention the camera - I was just a bloke looking down and fiddling with something. Using an eyelevel finder or fixed LCD triggers the victims' awareness immediately. The angles are more immediate, too. I could imagine this fellow offering me a bunch of fives if he'd noticed:

IMG_0191crop1024.jpg

Incidentally, This was the first time I'd tried any street photography with the G12, and the the flip'n'swivel LCD was perfect. When I used it as a waist-level finder people paid no attention the camera - I was just a bloke looking down and fiddling with something. Using an eyelevel finder or fixed LCD triggers the victims' awareness immediately. The angles are more immediate, too. I could imagine this fellow offering me a bunch of fives if he'd noticed:

I find the same thing to be true when I shoot with my Samsung TL500/EX1. It looks like you are sending a text on a phone. This is a self portrait I took of me in a large pyramid shapped mirrror outside of the National Gallery of Art in Washington DC. This is how I shoot all of my most recent street photography. I am also 6'6" tall, and I really like the lower point of view

5350788561_481914f2a8_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

self portrait by eye of wally, on Flickr

back in 1991 the rap/hip hop group "Naughty by Nature" scored at top 10 hit with the song O.P.P. To them OPP stood for "Other Peoples _______" you can fill in the blank.

Anyway one thing I like to shoot when I am on the streets is other peoples photographs. I often find tourists posing for pictures that someone else they know takes of them. Most often I miss that fleeting moment but sometimes I get lucky,

This lady was posing in this tree for a shot taken by her boyfriend. This tree is directly across the street from the White House and it took major stones to climb that tree

5350767663_9d3e663978_o.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

photograph by eye of wally, on Flickr

Back