Street Street photography (Image thread)

Pete - a very good set once again. Quick question-based on the framing and angle, do you literally "shoot from the hip", and guesstimate framing? I've tried that before and find it takes a lot of practice and a wider than my normal 35mm FOV. Thanks.

Hi Ed, my camera is invariably at a point 1\2 way between my sternum and my belt buckle in landscape position. I hip shoot if i am at right angles to the subject sometimes....or if I think I can get away with it just swivel my arm at the elbow holding landscape position. Glad you like.

cheers

Pete

View attachment 58568
OUT FOR A STROLL ! by NIKKI O BRIEN, on Flickr

View attachment 58569
CONTEMPLATION! by NIKKI O BRIEN, on Flickr

View attachment 58570
WALKING by NIKKI O BRIEN, on Flickr

I took these with my uncles G11. I actually didnt find it a great camera , nearly everything was blurred and it kept shooting at iso 800 - when i switched to 100 nothing turned out even though I shoot at iso 100 always on my digilux .I dont know if there is something wrong with the camera as I was looking for a firmware upgrade but there wasnt any .My nephew has a g3 which is brilliant !!
7852131454_d516467cdf.jpg

dolly mount 1 by NIKKI O BRIEN, on Flickr
taken by Keelan age 8 !

7951467982_ae6399139c_c.jpg

EP3 by The Louvre, Paris

a variety of shots on the first night of the Sisters Folk Festival, Sisters, OR
first attempt at night street stuff with the grd iii

0013802.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

0013761.jpg

0013751.jpg

0013773.jpg

0013824.jpg

I was going back to re-process a couple of Coney Island shots from my time in NYC last spring (I still have a lot that are snapseed processed and every now and then I notice a couple that just need to be reworked with LR and SEP) and I found this one for the first time and worked on it. I'm sure there are more in those archives - I may find a few more or they may just lay dormant - its not like I go back in there without a purpose, which means very very rarely...

X-Pro - 18mm...
View attachment 58661

-Ray

Incredible shot Pete. The blurred insanity of urban life with only his face perfectly still and in focus. Wonderful!

-Ray

Thanks Ray. In all honesty, it was a reaction shot....one in which I surprised myself at how fast I really can move if I need to.

I thought this one would float your boat and I am pleaased it did.

Thanks for your continuing encouragement.

Pete

Back