M-Mount Street photography in my town

Leica M-Mount cameras and lenses

TonyField

Regular
Walking down town with my friend Kat in Calgary
tf725459.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Definite rookie! I just cannot understand the philosophy of this site :-( does not work as I like
Nothing like DPR (which itself was confusing at first).. No philosophy that I can find.. Just show you pics, get 'smiles or whatever' and do it again.. No discussions of any interest or depth.. Oh well back to the bottle ;).. Take Care L

Nothing like DPR (which itself was confusing at first).. No philosophy that I can find.. Just show you pics, get 'smiles or whatever' and do it again.. No discussions of any interest or depth.. Oh well back to the bottle ;).. Take Care L
Discussions tend to take place in unlikely places - the middle of an image thread, for example. They tend to be short and specific. Quite unlike the rambling, trolling mess that DPR was and is.

I've been a poster at DPR since 2007. Totalled up nearly 20,000 posts before I stopped posting there in 2020. I can assure you that this is a far more civilised forum, with lots of very knowledgeable people. Technical questions usually rely on a couple of posts to sort out. Not slanging matches that go on for years, as was mostly the case at DPReview.

Discussions tend to take place in unlikely places - the middle of an image thread, for example. They tend to be short and specific. Quite unlike the rambling, trolling mess that DPR was and is.

I've been a poster at DPR since 2007. Totalled up nearly 20,000 posts before I stopped posting there in 2020. I can assure you that this is a far more civilised forum, with lots of very knowledgeable people. Technical questions usually rely on a couple of posts to sort out. Not slanging matches that go on for years, as was mostly the case at DPReview.
Thanks for the info, takes awhile to get used to the layouts and how things work.. Regards ScleralGuy

DPReview uses custom software, with a user interface that dates back to the late 90s. Must be a RAT's nest of code to maintain. I've had Five accounts on that forum, going back over 20 years. Get fed up, quit. Find some question that needs answering, or get asked to come back by a Mod- try again. Strange Place that crossed the line by monitoring Links sent in Private Messages. At one point, all references to this website and others owned by Amin were banned because I sent a lInk to a repair thread written on this forum in a PM to a DPR member asking how to fix a lens. The Prior Owner of this site posted the story- DPR backed down.

Most forums, like this one- use Xenforo software, others use VBulletin. The latter has lagged behind, and has a lot of performance issues.

To change your Title,

navigate to your account settings and select Account Details. Change Custom Title.

Mine is Product of the Fifties. I own a lot of fifty millimeter lenses, you can look in the Leica Showcase. Also born in the Fifties.

This website consolidated "Leicaplace.com" and others, several years ago. It is more about the Photography these days, with some of us gear geeks running amok. Some of us have used the Internet and Digital Imaging long before DPReview came about. For me- over 40 years on each of those.

Last edited:
Strange Place that crossed the line by monitoring Links sent in Private Messages. At one point, all references to this website and others owned by Amin were banned because I sent a lInk to a repair thread written on this forum in a PM to a DPR member asking how to fix a lens. The Prior Owner of this site posted the story- DPR backed down.
They have gone back to doing that sort of crap, Brian.

I tried to send a PM on DPR to an old friend last week, and could not find any way around the censorship module. Even not using links, but obscure references.

After trying everything, I eventually sent him an email, and a PM to check that email address! Fortunately, I had his email address ...

Back