Street Portraits in Toronto

Ya did real well. The thing with photos, especially portraits is to let the viewer get into the image without interference from the title and or subject matter. That way the viewer gets the message you intended and they can discover things in their own way and pace. That first portrait is a real keeper and one you should use as a reference point for the future. I wouldn't discount the others but they work on a different level from #1. Your sense of framing is very good and there's dynamic tension where it should be.
I'm heading to your Flickr site.....later, don

Love the dog ones.

Ya did real well. The thing with photos, especially portraits is to let the viewer get into the image without interference from the title and or subject matter. That way the viewer gets the message you intended and they can discover things in their own way and pace. That first portrait is a real keeper and one you should use as a reference point for the future. I wouldn't discount the others but they work on a different level from #1. Your sense of framing is very good and there's dynamic tension where it should be.
I'm heading to your Flickr site.....later, don

Thanks guys!

@Pixl10 - Theo is my favourite model :)

@Streetshooter - Thanks very much for the kind words both on here and on flickr - it's very appreciated!
It's some of the most specific feedback i've ever received and definitely allows me to build upon my work. Thanks so much!

Back