Strolling through Ronda, Spain

Boid

All-Pro
Name
Rajiv
Visited the cliff-side village of Ronda in Spain last October with my LX5, on the way to an award function in Barcelona. Here are a few pictures of the surroundings (my apologies if I posted too many... couldn't decide)

rr9y9.jpg

icti5h.jpg

E1SDv.jpg

1e8Gsh.jpg

vAqDk.jpg

and one of the main shopping streets...
5q50w.jpg

Lovely in black and white, one, two and four are my favourites. The last time I was here I was too cold to take any pictures. We searched those shops for sweatshirts to buy but there was nothing so after another day we headed back to the coast to the sunshine!! Really appreciate your views of the place :)

Lovely in black and white, one, two and four are my favourites. The last time I was here I was too cold to take any pictures. We searched those shops for sweatshirts to buy but there was nothing so after another day we headed back to the coast to the sunshine!! Really appreciate your views of the place :)

The day I was there, the clouds were rushing in as well. It was windy and cold but the bright intermittent sun kept the pics interesting. I drove to Granada and then turned back towards Seville. Missed going to the coast. Would love to see your pictures if you can dig up any!

I like these, they do made a lovely set. I particularly like the first, it's the sort of composition I would like to do (and do in my head) but never quite achieve for some reason. All the photos give a really good sense of place, if that makes sense.

All the photos give a really good sense of place, if that makes sense.

It does makes sense. I'm usually very frustrated with the camera's inability to capture the experience of 'being there'. I get back home, look at the pictures on the computer screen, more often than not go "bah!" and ignore the pictures for months. When I have distanced myself enough from the experience, and just have a vague memory of the space, I pull up the images again and try and see how best to edit them so that they fit my memory of the place, since they never express the reality of the space anyways. Now I don't know if any of this makes sense :)

I was going to add a few pictures of mine to the thread but they weren't really as great as I had remembered. Great photos Boid, sometimes my own memories are better.

Rhonda is an interesting place with both a dramatic landscape and history, with Bullfighting, Islam, Hemmingway, all contributing their parts.

Lovely images, especially the one you added later. I like how this image shows Ronda and its place in the scenery. Thanks for bringing me back there, I have fond memories of Ronda. I wonder if you ran into the guy playing Elvis on his ghetto blaster that I have encountered a few times there.

I was going to add a few pictures of mine to the thread but they weren't really as great as I had remembered. Great photos Boid, sometimes my own memories are better.

Rhonda is an interesting place with both a dramatic landscape and history, with Bullfighting, Islam, Hemmingway, all contributing their parts.

I spent all of two hours in Ronda while driving through to Granada. At the time I thought it would give me enough time to grab a few pictures and run. I wish I had stayed longer though. Would love to see your pictures.

Lovely images, especially the one you added later. I like how this image shows Ronda and its place in the scenery. Thanks for bringing me back there, I have fond memories of Ronda. I wonder if you ran into the guy playing Elvis on his ghetto blaster that I have encountered a few times there.

Thank you. I didn't run into the guy with his ghetto blaster. The environment seemed more conducive to Paco deLucia playing a bolero than Elvis singing Blue Suede Shoes.

Back