• Cameraderie, a friendly photography forum for photographers and camera enthusiasts!
    If you are looking for critique, tips, advice, buying recommendations, or just want to talk to fellow enthusiasts then join now for free!

Stuff on sensor that simply will not come off

depscribe

Regular
Feb 17, 2013
the deep Appalachian woods
Greetings, folks . . .

I have an issue cleaning an X-E2 sensor (well, the filter over the sensor, of course). There are some dust spots that nothing I've tried will remove. I've been through a 12-pack of sensor swabs and wet cleaning -- no joy. I hate to ship the camera to have it cleaned, in no small measure because I've had bad experiences doing so. Anybody know what to try when wet cleaning doesn't work?

[And I apologize -- I meant to post this in the forum instead of the showcase.]

BrianS

Super Moderator
Apr 3, 2013
Dust and "Gunk" would have come off, or at least changed position with the cleaning that you have done. I would suggest looking at images before and after the cleaning. If the artifacts do not change size, shape, or position- the damage may be in the glass. Leica users know this all too well: the material used in IR absorbing glass is subject to deterioration, and a "sandwich" is normally made to protect it. The cover glass also uses coatings, same on a filter or lens.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom