stupid effing RAW formats

Adobe actually bought the rights to their photo sw from the guys who now sell capture one. Lol, these guys still get royalty payments from adobe. If I did not already use aperture as my sw solution, I would have picked up capture one. They have a free trial for both their normal and lite versions.

Anyway an alternative to think about.
Gary

Are you sure about that? Phase One, the owners of Capture One aren't the same people who made Rawshooter, which is what Adobe bought. That would be Pixmantec. Michael Tapes, who joined Pixmantec and ran it through to its aquisition by Adobe did work at Phase One before moving to its competitor, Pixmantec. But as far as I am aware Phase never held shares in Pixmantec.

Gordon

Are you sure about that? Phase One, the owners of Capture One aren't the same people who made Rawshooter, which is what Adobe bought. That would be Pixmantec. Michael Tapes, who joined Pixmantec and ran it through to its aquisition by Adobe did work at Phase One before moving to its competitor, Pixmantec. But as far as I am aware Phase never held shares in Pixmantec.

Gordon

U could be right. I can't find the thread that read about this.. Since I can't remember which site I read the info. The name that I think I can remember from this was Lionel Kuhlmann. It was during the initial fire storm from the adobe subscription model that capture one was brought up and then a side discussion about adobe buying the basis for their photoshop. That adobe never was able to acquire the patents and to this day they continue to pay royalties. I thought the name that was put out there at the time was Lionel Kuhlmann..

Anyway my apologies for passing on bad info then.
Gary

Why let silky pix be a deciding factor when the Jpg engine was already very good and that eventually good sw support would follow for the raw file. It just took longer then any of us ever expected. But then we were naive in thinking w/ Fuji support it should be less then a year :(.

Gary

Back