Feedback Suggestion box

Herman,
I thought about that. I completely forgot about it but I remember previous discussions with others at m43.
I felt that with a chat room, members would be chatting and then cut back on posting.

What do you think? I wouldn't want anything that would take away from conversations on the open forum?

Your thoughts?
don

I suggest to list the owner, super administrator(s), administratotor(s), etc clearly. (I myself don't really don't know them all..)
Members can contact one of them simply by sending a pm (in case of any spam etc).
Thanks for consideration!

Herman, under each post is a triangle with an exclamation point in it which you can click on to "Report Post". When you report a post, the message goes to all moderators and administrators so that the chance of getting a timely response is much better than if you were to PM one or two moderators. In addition, using "Report Post" automatically gives us a direct link to the offending post so we don't have to go looking for it.

BBW suggested I put this here:

one thing I miss from mu-43 is that on the right hand side, where it shows the latest posts, I can't tell if I've posted in that thread before. mu-43 site has a check mark or something that lets you know that's a thread you've participated in. That's about the only thing missing, IMO, over here at serious compacts.

Again, just a thought...Site's great otherwise, and that's to all your continued efforts!

Search options

I can find a list of all started threads by myself. What is miss is search options, I like to be able (like at mft) to do a search with more options.
Search for tags, threads, use, title, words etc.

I do look forward hearing from the SC team, thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Herman

Just one suggestion: I think the central (main) column article/post headers (that appear in the blue bar) on the home page could be slightly bigger and/or bolder, which should add to site usability.

How does it look now, Mayank?

Some threads become too long because the Topic is too broad or are pointless like "What are you listening too" OR "Do you use a MAC or a PC"
A more focused topic would ensure less posts.
I think there should be a limit on the no of posts per thread else it just gets too long and weary.

I can find a list of all started threads by myself. What is miss is search options, I like to be able (like at mft) to do a search with more options.
Search for tags, threads, use, title, words etc.

I do look forward hearing from the SC team, thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Herman

Herman, have a look at the new "Search" tab. Better?

Login & Logout Greeting

After login (login greeting) for example:

"Hello Amin, welcome back!"

After logout (logout greeting) for example:

"Leaving so soon? We miss you already"

If the SC software starts telling me its 'missing me already' I may have to throw my computer through the window.:)

Consider adding PDF format postings from members

This is clearly a good place to learn about the "new stuff" of photography from friendly people who share nicely! I would like to suggest that having a simple means to post PDF files would allow many of us to make better contributions to that process.

With best regards,

George Fox Lang (docfox)

Has anything been done to implement this? I have a short article (4 pages, 12 figures) on the virtues of Zuiko lenses for lens hackers. I think it would be a "fit" here, but need some guidance in getting it hosted and posted on SERIOUCOMPACTS.COM. Would you please help me out with this or simply tell me to drop the notion.

George (docfox)

Hey doc, you can host the file someplace else and then link to it from here?
I think that would work. I'll lend a hand if you need help .....
Hmmm mm.... Can't you convert the PDF to a jpeg and then upload it to our gallery....
That should work also....

Back