Feedback Suggestion box

Can we get an unthanks button?
Yes you can Remove Thanks. Or are you suggesting a Nero/Caligula-style emoticon of thumbs up or down for a thread? If so, maybe we can use the mu43 'rate thread' capability.....unless it is used for nefarious and/or divisive purposes only of course!

Yes you can Remove Thanks. Or are you suggesting a Nero/Caligula-style emoticon of thumbs up or down for a thread? If so, maybe we can use the mu43 'rate thread' capability.....unless it is used for nefarious and/or divisive purposes only of course!

I was saying it more in jest...... more of an anti-divisive purpose. I just needed to get a little humor out there.

My first thought about a Caligula emoticon was something like the "beating a dead horse" icon, except that the horse would be utlized for ... ahem ... other purposes. :eek:

I was saying it more in jest...... more of an anti-divisive purpose. I just needed to get a little humor out there.

vBulletin has a built-in reputation function that can be activated with a simple mouse click. This function allows positive and negative feedback.

I would like to see a dedicated Words/ No Words sub-forum in the Image forum.

W/NW htreads get posted on various sub-forums, but often I cannot find the "right one" for a topic. Placing all of the W/NW threads in one place would help find them for adding images, and be less restrictive for topics.

I would also like to see a "Film Camera" forum added. I have quite a few "Serious Compact" Film cameras, of all types. Got a roll back from a newly refurbished Minolta Hi-Matic 7S-II last month, quite a sharp lens on it.

W/NW htreads get posted on various sub-forums, but often I cannot find the "right one" for a topic. Placing all of the W/NW threads in one place would help find them for adding images, and be less restrictive for topics.

I would also like to see a "Film Camera" forum added. I have quite a few "Serious Compact" Film cameras, of all types. Got a roll back from a newly refurbished Minolta Hi-Matic 7S-II last month, quite a sharp lens on it.

Highly supportive of this one Brian....as long as the cameras are compact...I'm thinking Minolta 7sii, Canonet GIII QL17, Olympus RC, Olympus XA-series, etc. We'll toss this around the Mod Group....as I reckon they'd be a few other punters interested....definitely!!!

Not sure if it has been stated before, but my thorough scan (aka Male Search function) can't find it :blush:....but a Reply All button on PMs please!

I don't know of a way to do this.

How about a link/shortcut to "my threads" like the one in MU-43?

"Subscribed Threads" under the "Quick Links" menu does that. Just like the Mu-43 "My Threads" link, that relies on you having set up thread subscriptions.

6603846689_a626eea5a6_o.png

Change "New Posts" to really show all threads with unread posts (you can still add a cutoff date like a week or two), not only those with new posts since my last visit/session.

I am not aware of a away to do that.

How about an iPhone app like the MU-43 one? :)

Oh, and I suppose one for the Android folks too. Sorry I forgot about the existence of non-iPhone users. :rolleyes:

I can't afford it yet. There's a pretty high yearly cost. In fact, I'm wondering whether to continue to offer it for the other site.

Under discussion, thanks.

I can't afford it yet. There's a pretty high yearly cost. In fact, I'm wondering whether to continue to offer it for the other site.

That would be a sad loss over on mu-43. It's heavily used. I've no idea on costs -- is it a flat fee per year, or does each user cost the site money?

That would be a sad loss over on mu-43. It's heavily used. I've no idea on costs -- is it a flat fee per year, or does each user cost the site money?

It's a flat fee per year. I will try to keep it. There is a company that will make the app for a one time fee instead of charging per year, but that one is quite a bit more expensive.

Hi Armando, you're doing more than your share :). Both sites are making enough money to cover costs. I'm just trying to be careful about where to spend the remaining money. It is very unlikely that I will stop paying for a Mu-43 app - that would be a last resort - but I'm not sure it was a wise decision to make one in the first place. Once I make such an app for S.C., it will be hard to undo that decision, so I want to make sure I can afford it on an ongoing basis before I do it.

Hi Amin,
BB has suggested I post this idea in your suggestion box...it follows on from Otto's problem.
I suggest a sub-forum for 'Compact fixed Zoom lens ' cameras, my feeling is that they are increasing in volume and becoming more popular as they incorporate more modes becoming more sophisticated appealing to the serious users rather than just pp and shoot as many used to be.
To be able to easily compare like with like on a dedicated sub-forum might be a good idea?

Penny, I'm not sure what you mean. We already have subforums by brand for this sort of camera, here. Are you suggesting a different forum for fixed zoom lens cameras (eg Fuji X10) than fixed prime lens cameras (eg GRD IV)?

We lost a few posts in the server move. Here's one which Brian made shortly before the move that I am copying here:

Rather than an "Adapted Lens Forum" as on mu-43, how about a "Project forum". The results from a modified lens might look different between mu-43, NEX, and Leica- but the mechanical modifications made would be similar. This would be like the "Projects" forum on ziforums.

I would not expect a lot of threads on it, but it would be nice to capture them. I need to hunt for the link for the 30/1.9 to see what the guy did. I've seen the same done for a Wollensak Raptar 51mm f1.5 made into an RF coupled Leica lens using an SLR helical, and a Yashica GSN 45/1.7 made into a mu-43 lens. These were on FLICKR, not easy to find and detailed instructions not given. Enough to see what the person did.

Back