Feedback Suggestion box

Thank you both for your suggestions! I'm sure when Amin has time, he'll respond. I'm afraid I don't have the magical powers necessary to take care of these things, but I would if I could.:D It is very good that you made these suggestions because I'm sure they'll become more and more useful to many others.

And just think Verizon is finally getting the iPhone.;)

My one concern is security. I've seen some concerns about these scripts. Tapatalk seems to be the most commonly used one, and I've seen it on some big boards. Will take a look at ForumRunner and TouchBB as well. Another issue is that Tapatalk gives a popup which may annoy some mobile users.

A suggestion

Maybe it would be nice to have a big open thread where we all, ( if we wish), post an images at the exact, (or near), same time of day, (local time), each day.....with a few comments

Not works of art, just a look into .......... today in (Bordeaux, NY, London, a small village, the staff canteen, the sky, snow, sun, the dog, the mistress, (or the toy boy!), my washing machine, the inside of my car, etc., etc., )

i.e. post what you see at 12 noon .......... or a time to be agreed upon

There are many ages, nationalities, geographical and cultural "regions" represented on this Forum and it would be great to contrast them "in almost real time" and see an association between the name, (BillN), and the person, Bill whatever he is called

get my drift?

what do you think?

a kind of forum embracing "free for all forum blog" that you can "dip in and out of" as your mood takes you - a "blog for all" and "all for blog"

I can certainly see a thread like this working Bill, or several. They could easily be in the Other Genres image thread forum, don't you think?

I'll have to think seriously about showing off my boy toy.:tongue:

Can you add to the forum the support script for touchBB?
It is an app to help forum browsing on iPad/iPhone.
It can be found here:
iPhone Forum Reader

Alf, I'm going to hold off on TouchBB support for now because I am having trouble finding enough information about it. I found some massive boards which use Forum Runner and Tapatalk, and that makes me feel more comfortable. Please try one of these alternatives and if you find them inferior to TouchBB, I'll take another look at it.

Alf, I'm going to hold off on TouchBB support for now because I am having trouble finding enough information about it. I found some massive boards which use Forum Runner and Tapatalk, and that makes me feel more comfortable. Please try one of these alternatives and if you find them inferior to TouchBB, I'll take another look at it.
That's OK, the two alternatives are both good. As I see, Forum Runner also has an iPad enabled app and I'll test it when I'm home.
Meanwhile, I've tested the tapatalk-compatible app on WP7 and it's quite good.

Thanks for your time.

There is a discussion about where to post pictures one want to put up for discussion. We have some forums to post pictures, but no dedicated forum to post pictures in order to discuss and criticize them. Since putting up pictures for criticism is very helpful to learn or to improve ones photography, I want to suggest such a forum. I think that it should be possible to post images anonymously via a moderator (the photographer should be revealed at last), if that's possible.

I think we should distinguish between short discussions in image threads to show our appreciation and threads in which pictures can explicitly be put up for criticism. In my opinion we don't have any forum which is dedicated to the latter. I would welcome such a forum very warmly and put pictures up for discussion and criticism. It would be very interesting, if pictures could be posted anonymously in threads dedicated for criticism.

I will second Christian's suggestion. C&C is the best way I know to learn and doing it via a forum brings in a variety of voices and perspectives that are not present among our immediate circle of friends. Asking for C&C in a normal thread doesn't really work because it get's lost in more general comments. I'm undecided about anonymity. Perhaps some folks might prefer it and it could be available as an option. I'm and others would be happy to post in our own names I'm sure.

a Constructive Criticism forum with a gallery?

We will be setting up some new galleries sometime in the not too distant future, and a couple of forums. How about starting a thread in the Photography Techniques forum for formulating what people would envision for a C&C forum?

Private Messages - and storage capacities

I've heard from a couple of people who've asked about increasing the number of Private Messages (PMs) that can be stored. I'm going to look into that and see what I can do. It may need to wait for Amin's ministrations. If I discover anything that I can do, I'll let everyone know. We may need to be patient for a while longer.

I'll post something tomorrow - providing I remember to:) - asking for suggestions, ideas and expressions of interest in a C&C forum.

Back