Feedback Suggestion for a new "Infrared" forum - What parent category?

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
A suggestion has been made to create a new "Infrared" forum but what parent category would you guys/gals suggest it go under? Put it under gear since you need the specialized/modified hardware for it? Put it under "Galleries" for showcasing infrared images? Could be "techniques" as well but I'd be leaning towards either Gear or Galleries.

Ideas? :D

Looking at the Forums, I would suggest a separate sub-forum under "Photo Galleries" for "Extended Spectrum: Infrared and Ultraviolet Images".
This would be to showcase images and the techniques used.

Under the "Gear Talk" forum I would suggest a sub-forum for "Extended Spectrum Gear: Infrared and Ultraviolet".
This would be to talk about gear, gear modifications, lenses, filters, the hardware end of extended spectrum equipment.
kodak_front.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's been 25 years since the first commercially available Digital IR camera was available.
It still works. But I have to use my Calcium Fluorite Pentax 85/4.5 on my full-spectrum EP2.

Last edited:
To get the ball rolling I created a new 'Gear' forum and moved some of the obvious threads into it. If the activity picks up we can go ahead and create either a corresponding 'Galleries' or 'Showcase' forum. I started with the 'Gear' forum because, looking through the current threads, nearly all of them are dealing with questions/comments about specific gear as opposed to general examples of infrared images not mentioning the gear.

Back