Feedback Suggestion - Split the "For Sale" forum by open/closed status

Great! Now maybe, just maybe one of them can remove all the COMPLETED threads from the Classifieds to make for less clutter and easier perusal. :coffee:

I think the concept of marking them completed and leaving them in place is so that one can peruse the completed listings to see what things have sold for at a given place in time. It seems fairly straightforward to me that the yellow prefix "For Sale" listings are current and the green "completed" ones have already sold.

@Kevin , is it possible that "for sale" listings can (by default) display above all "completed listings" using the forum software?

I think the concept of marking them completed and leaving them in place is so that one can peruse the completed listings to see what things have sold for at a given place in time. It seems fairly straightforward to me that the yellow prefix "For Sale" listings are current and the green "completed" ones have already sold.

@Kevin , is it possible that "for sale" listings can (by default) display above all "completed listings" using the forum software?
OR ..... create a COMPLETED "boneyard" and move them there.

On FredMiranda they just leave the threads where they are with a sold prefix. It’s easy enough to look through. And that for sale area has thousands of posts.

One of the items on my To Do list is to have the available prefixes listed at the top of the thread listings so somebody looking for just a particular type (eg: For Sale / Wanted / etc.) can filter down to what they're after with just a click.

I've looked into having the forum pre-sorted so that 'open' threads appear before the 'closed' threads but that's a bit more complicated so it's further down on the list of things to do.

It seems fairly straightforward to me that the yellow prefix "For Sale" listings are current and the green "completed" ones have already sold.
Indeed. With the low volume of 'open' threads at any given moment having dedicated forums for 'open' versus 'closed' threads would be over complicating things.

I just click on the "prefix", such as the "For Sale", and all the threads "for sale" come up. Completed, expired, etc- can be handled the same way.

Creating a subforum for completed, etc- means the threads have to be moved. Clicking on the prefix is easy.

And the COMPLETED threads- just click on the prefix, done.

Not sure if it needs a label like "available prefixes"or something else but...
1582685617526.png

I recently sold something to a fellow Cameraderie member and we wanted to give each other feedback. Unfortunately we couldn't find any method to do so. I'm not sure if I missed something or if that feature has been removed? Perhaps if it's been disabled, re-enabling that feature should take priority in the buy/sell forum in order to create a healthy rapport amongst members. ;)

I recently sold something to a fellow Cameraderie member and we wanted to give each other feedback. Unfortunately we couldn't find any method to do so. I'm not sure if I missed something or if that feature has been removed? Perhaps if it's been disabled, re-enabling that feature should take priority in the buy/sell forum in order to create a healthy rapport amongst members. ;)
The 3rd party add-on that was being used for the 'feedback' was disabled several months ago because nobody was using it and, more urgently, it was suffering from multiple security updates in quick succession.

By coincidence I got an invoice this week from the vendor for renewing our annual license; I'll take a look to see what the recent updates have been.

I know the Buy / Sell area is not a main feature of our site and I'm NOT suggesting it should be.

But having the FS / FT / Complete / etc all together can be a little confusing. The simplified way to enable the filter options does help.

Back