Software Suggestion that Adobe might be canning its $10 a month plan.

seems like (just from reading the article) they are doing some testing (maybe seeing how much complaining is done).

I, for one, have no use even for $120 per year for what they offer. I can only imagine how many more would complain at twice that price.

On the canadian web site, the base plan is still at 9,99/month.
2019-05-02.png

From the US NE... logged out the 20gb is scrubbed from the site, while logged in it only shows under my account subscriptions. If they force existing subscriptions to upgrade I know a number of people that'll be upset since the price point is their main reason for sticking with Adobe.

This may send a lot of people running to other photo editors. If they force a price hike, that will free people from whatever time is left in their year agreement.

I’ve got a discounted 1TB plan for £14.99/month. If they want to put that up to the full price of £20 when my subscription is due for renewal, I will probably leave. There is a cheaper LRCC only plan but it’s the cloud version only which doesn’t appeal.

On the Dutch Adobe site the Photography plan shows 2 options: Lr (CC and Classic CC) + Ps + 1TB for € 24,19 and Lr CC (no Lr Classic!) + 1 TB for € 12,09. My present subscription of Lr+Ps for € 12,09 isn't shown as an option.

As I already have my cloud storage covered (Dropbox 2 TB), I'm not interested in Adobe's cloud storage. I get the feeling that Adobe tries to push Lightroom CC and that they feel that too many customers stick to Lightroom Classic CC. Man, how I'd hate to have to switch but doubling the price for what I have now is hard to swallow, especially because I suspect that Adobe will push hard to wean people off Lightroom Classic. I think I'm going to have to study other raw developers and DAM systems more seriously in the coming months. Argh!

Last edited:
On the Dutch Adobe site the Photography plan shows 2 options: Lr (CC and Classic CC) + Ps + 1TB for € 24,19 and Lr CC (no Lr Classic!) + 1 TB for € 12,09. My present subscription of Lr+Ps for € 12,09 isn't shown as an option.

As I already have my cloud storage covered (Dropbox 2 TB), I'm not interested in Adobe's cloud storage. I get the feeling that Adobe tries to push Lightroom CC and that they feel that too many customers stick to Lightroom Classic CC. Man, how I'd hate to have to switch but doubling the price for what I have now is hard to swallow, especially because I suspect that Adobe will push hard to wean people off Lightroom Classic. I think I'm going to have to study other raw developers and DAM systems more seriously in the coming months. Argh!
The UK site still has Lr + Ps with 20gb cloud storage for £9.98. If you want the 1tb storage it’s twice that. It's very convenient to be able to edit photos on desktop and tablet, and have all the changes synced, but £240 a year is starting to get a bit too expensive.

Back