Leica Suggestions for a Leica with "Auto" mode?

Mijo

Veteran
I've been trying to get my wife to use my leica gear in the hopes of getting rid of our other system, m4/3, since I've completely stopped using it myself. IMO my wife is a better photog than I am (which isn't saying much) as she has a better eye for composition and color. However she's pretty lazy when it comes to using my M-E outside of A mode and even then she complains about having to adjust the shutter speed, though she doesn't mind the manual focus.

I have no experience using Leica's compacts but is there a model with a decent Auto mode that has a similar output (in terms of color) to the M-E. She doesn't really change lenses so I was thinking if I gave her a Leica compact that she likes I could sell off our m4/3 gear and consolidate what we have in terms of gear. Price isn't an issue as I will essentially trade in or sell off my m4/3 gear anyway. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

"If it were me"...

I'd go for the X-Vario.

The recent set of images posted that were made for this camera really show it off. If you are not going to change lenses, this Zoom model allows flexibility with one lens.

I'm a hopeless lens fanatic- so I am immune from temptation... I tell myself....

I'm thinking the X-Vario as well based on the recent posts on this forum. Though the smaller size of the CL might appeal more to my wife, if the IQ is close.

u6amymy7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm planning to take my wife to the leica dealer this weekend so that she can demo the compacts. Unfortunately the dealer also carries all of the new mu4/3 bodies and my wife really likes using the panny bodies. She was pretty pissed when I traded in our GX1 for the OMD EM5, it's going to take some convincing to get her to swtich over to a leica compact.

I'm planning to take my wife to the leica dealer this weekend so that she can demo the compacts. Unfortunately the dealer also carries all of the new mu4/3 bodies and my wife really likes using the panny bodies. She was pretty pissed when I traded in our GX1 for the OMD EM5, it's going to take some convincing to get her to swtich over to a leica compact.

She should get what she likes, not what you like.

She should get what she likes, not what you like.

She now has a black GX7 on order. Out of the leica compacts she tried out she prefered the X2 and CL, however she prefers the ergo and menus of the GX7 even more. Oh well, so much for consolidation. The upshot is that there are two panny/leica lens on the way and we already have both of the previous PL lenses.

Back