Leica Showcase Summicron haze!!!

salaso

Hi there,
Does any body knows how to remove the front element of a summicron 5cm F2 rigid? Im trying to remove it as it seems to have a haze attack on the inner side and I want to clean it, I was looking on google or youtube for info on how to remove it but no luck. I have removed 2 black rings and tryied to get out the first element with a suction thing but its not moving at all, please help :(

It is in very tight, and I ended up using the biggest suction cup that i could, with some cleaning fluid under it to increase suction. It is Tight!

Thanks!!
So after removing the washer and the retaining ring I just need to pull the element right?
seems to be extremely Tight :/

That is it- nothing else holding it in. The front element is very tight, was not quite as bad as my E48 90/2 Summicron.

Report back in if you have any luck. I used a "Barbie Sun Catcher Suction Cup", soft vinyl.

That is it- nothing else holding it in. The front element is very tight, was not quite as bad as my E48 90/2 Summicron.

Report back in if you have any luck. I used a "Barbie Sun Catcher Suction Cup", soft vinyl.

I used a cup with almost the same size of the front element but no luck :(

DSCF5445.jpg

All I can add- use a smaller cup, some cleaner under it, and pull from one of the sides.

This element is in too tight, in my opinion. I had one Summicron that I had to bore out the fixture to replace the front element with a new one.

I just spent the day making a 1950 J-3, really a 1943 Sonnar, work. Someone converted the Sonnar/J-3 to Leica mount using a ZOMZ J-3 focus mount. They GLUED it in place and never bothered to check the focus, which was WAY, WAY off- by 2m at 5m.

Acetone and 99% Isopropyl alcohol.

That is extreme! Did the front coating show any marks after getting the poxipol (epoxy) off?
haha yes, from what I can see there is no damage on the coating or the lens. 10 minutes after removing the glass from the body it dropped off by itself from the epoxy, I dont know why but it worked :cool:

Back