Sunday Morning

I went out to shoot with the K-5 but had forgotten to charge the battery. Got a few, very early, but not postable here (or anywhere, they were pretty much rubbish)..

However, the X100 and XZ1 came in very handy.. And I must say I am becoming more enamoured of the XZ1 as the days wear on.

First, the XZ shots:

1) My favourite shooting spot: The Newcastle Canoe Pool (google it). Had the XZ on a tripod and a slow shutter. The sun wasn't even up yet.

6449035917_34d96e1607_z.jpg

canoepoolearlyxz by kyte50, on Flickr

2) Also at the Canoe Pool (around sunrise, its a bird bathing pool)

6449036891_8a65bff0e4_z.jpg

pelicanswade by kyte50, on Flickr

3) One of the afore-photographed pelicans had a minor tantie and left when I got too close. His mate didnt care.

6449036327_c18fc570e9_z.jpg

pelicanflight by kyte50, on Flickr

Now a couple from the X100, both Shot in the same location as the others, but a bit later in the morning. Still during the golden hour.

6449038493_fb57cfa694_z.jpg

onanysunday1 by kyte50, on Flickr

6449039019_b05d21ee6e_z.jpg

onanysunday2 by kyte50, on Flickr

And now, I'm going back to bed, because I was up at 3am prepping and getting myself down there an hour before dawn!

Thanks to all!

@ Bill. It *was* cold. Weird cold weather for the first few days of an Aussie summer. I've even had heating on at night for a while just to warm up the room a bit. Therre was a cold cold wind down at the beach and guess who didnt have a jacket or jumper. Its summer... not supposed to need 'em.

@ Kathy. Thanks for that.. the pelican was agreeable and I was in luck! I think what amazed me was that I was able to get that when I have failed, over and over, to get similar shots with my DSLR. XZ rules!

Back