Sunday with the X100s

Iansky

All-Pro
Took the X100s out today as I have been remiss and not used it for a while.

I had forgotten just what a joy it is to use and how tactile it feels in the hand as well as the superb quality of image it delivers.

Note to self.........."must use it more".

Sun 1.jpg
Sun 2.jpg
Sun 3.jpg
Sun 4.jpg
Sun 7.jpg
Sun 8.jpg

I hesitated to buy X100 -variant and finally grabbed one, X100S, from sale, soon after the X100T's started to be available. And boy I like to use this little camera. I use it so much over X-T1 that I've started to think to get rid of X-T1 (no, not really :) ). But Olympus PEN E-P5 gear is nowadays solely in use of my wife. That camera is so beautiful, and the system has some excellent lenses, that I had to keep it though I'm not using it anymore.

Long story short: X100S's easiness and quality gives to one a very well tool to concentrate on photography itself rather than gear. I love it!

The X100T is my daily camera along with the Olympus OM-D E-M5 Mk.II. I think they compliment each other very well. I also have the X100 and while it's similar to the X100T, they're very different in use.

At one point I was tempted by the X-T1 but I think I'll wait for the X-Pro2 which would compliment the X100 series better.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have recently had a similar experience. I transitioned from Nikon to an XT1 and enjoyed the differences, began building a lens line up and really ignored the X100S for months. I picked it up about a month ago and now it's my walk around camera of choice. Ease of use, low profile and great JPEGs right from the camera.

Back