Sunset with the Fuji X10

thekeddi

Top Veteran
First day with the X10, thought a sunset photo would be in order. A bit of post processing was done in Aperture, this was the panorama setting. I am in LOVE!

6404977163_b3c3e6497f.jpg
[/url]
DSCF1080 by mertlee, on Flickr[/IMG]

Stunning sunset! thekeddi AKA mertlee, I'm never sure what to call you - but I'll call you understandably excited by your new X10, that's for sure!(y)

I haven't tried the panoramic mode yet, but certainly shall!

I went into Flickr to have a larger look - very nice!

I haven't tried the panorama mode on this camera. I had a Nex 5 that did the auto-panoramas amazingly well - I could pretty much never find even the hint of a seam. The panorama mode on the X100 takes a LOT more user skill and I think I came back from a trip where I took several with only one or two decent ones - the rest looked like they'd come off a chopping block. Which wasn't a big deal, I'm not generally into shooting panoramas and didn't hold it against the X100. But I'll have to give the panorama on the X10 a try. When they work, its not a bad tool to have in the toolbox and either this works or you're very steady!

As long as you have a sunset up, I'll add this totally different shot of the sun going down over a hill. Its shot in M resolution so the EXR stuff should be working and its shot with auto DR, so the camera picks the appropriate DR setting. This is pretty heavily processed in Color Efex Pro, but if the information wasn't there to begin with, it wouldn't show up with processing. Looking at a larger version on my monitor, there's actually a pretty good bit of detail on the dark side of the facing hillside. A forumite asked on flickr if it was HDR - nope, EXR...

-Ray

View attachment 45053

That's funny. My wife saw it and immediately referred to it as "your Almighty God shot", which is pretty funny given my (and her) raging aggressive agnosticism! But it certainly is going for the beauty of nature, for which anyone is welcome to invoke the deity of their choice!

But I sort of like the Lucy reference. Maybe all of my unrealistic processing is an attempt to relive some long ago and thoroughly forgotten trip.... :)

-Ray

Back