Fuji Showcase Super Takumar 50mm f1.4

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
I thought there needed to be a showcase thread for the beloved radioactive little gem. Here's a couple from today in a walk around a local public garden. Manual focus on the rear LCD on a sunny day is no treat (so those little purple flowers aren't perfectly on the plane of focus, but they're close enough for rock and roll).

17694193615_f9a51584a1_c.jpg
just some flowers
by Luke, on Flickr

17694422941_e02c8c97c6_c.jpg
small beauty
by Luke, on Flickr

Oh, didn't see that there was already a thread on this beauty. Here are some I have taken using the tak and the X-T1.

_DSF3830.jpg
_DSF4028.jpg
_DSF3701.jpg
_DSF3717.jpg
_DSF3721.jpg
_DSF3759.jpg

I don't even know where I got mine. It's been in my drawer for ages, and I never shot a Pentax. It's the 7 element radioactive version, with glass yellowed enough to cause a cast if you don't compensate for it (custom or auto WB). This is shot at f1.4 at iso 2000, and I think it looks pretty good. I posted it in the dog thread iii also, before I found this dedicated thread. I'm hoping to get a Sony a7 now the prices for the earlier models are relatively cheap, and to use some older manual focus lenses with it to start. I have a bag of OM zuikos and a few other odds and ends. Since the first a7 did not have image stabilization, a fast normal lenses would be welcome. This Takumar may well be it. But first I have to see clear to getting the camera.
P1061059.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back