Ricoh Surprise! Ricoh GRIIIx (Showcase)

I got a GR lens cap for protection/dust-control. Of course, I instantly flip on the camera and the lens extends, knocking off the cap. After enjoying this all morning, I finally train myself to grab the camera with both hands to catch the cap. I also ordered a second battery which came in today. After charging for a while, I checked the progress on the LCD screen. Clang.

I got a GR lens cap for protection/dust-control. Of course, I instantly flip on the camera and the lens extends, knocking off the cap. After enjoying this all morning, I finally train myself to grab the camera with both hands to catch the cap. I also ordered a second battery which came in today. After charging for a while, I checked the progress on the LCD screen. Clang.
Holding the playback button starts up the camera without extending the lens, you probably knew that but it's a good reflex to build up.

Well, I've recorded a bunch of shots to the internal memory having forgotten the SD card. Tomorrow I can try to get them off, as my only UBB-A to USB-C cable is in my office. I finally turned up the brightness on the screen. It was completely impossible to see on this sunny day at the default brightness.

Well, I've recorded a bunch of shots to the internal memory having forgotten the SD card. Tomorrow I can try to get them off, as my only UBB-A to USB-C cable is in my office. I finally turned up the brightness on the screen. It was completely impossible to see on this sunny day at the default brightness.
You can copy form internal memory to SD card in-camera, there's an option for that in settings :cool:

RICOH released Firmware Update Software Version 1.01 for GR IIIx:

Changes to V1.01​

• Corrected --- Abnormal images are rarely displayed when the power is turned on.
  • Corrected --- When the tele conversion lens (GT-2) is attached and set to MF, the focus position shifts when the power is repeatedly turned on and off.
  • Improved stability for “Face/Eye Detection” autofocus performance.
  • Improved stability for general performance.

R0003401-01.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Ahh, November sunlight. When you can get it.

R0003762.JPG

R0003749.JPG

R0003746.JPG

R0003747.JPG

R0003736.JPG

R0003728.JPG

R0003727.JPG

R0003726.JPG

R0003751.JPG

not related to the GR3x - but when I looked through this thread again, I thought some of these photos look awfully familiar!
This was one of our regular pit stops when driving down to the Redwoods from Portland... :)

SeafoodEspresso.jpg

One time, the "Seafood Espresso" sign gave us some brilliant ideas for seafood-based coffee drinks! (brainstorming those kept us entertained for at least the next hour of the drive :D )

There's going to be
'Crabpuccino'...
And of course a
'Clamericano'...
and for all the flavour without the acidity:
'Codbrewed coffee'!

not related to the GR3x - but when I looked through this thread again, I thought some of these photos look awfully familiar!
This was one of our regular pit stops when driving down to the Redwoods from Portland... :)

View attachment 278916

One time, the "Seafood Espresso" sign gave us some brilliant ideas for seafood-based coffee drinks! (brainstorming those kept us entertained for at least the next hour of the drive :D )

There's going to be
'Crabpuccino'...
And of course a
'Clamericano'...
and for all the flavour without the acidity:
'Codbrewed coffee'!

Great, I'm going to be revolted now whenever I go down to the waterfront! Hahah.

Bandon is a tiny town but it's one of the main stops for tourists, so it's well known, especially for photographers: F-stop makes a "Bandon" bag!

Bandon is a tiny town but it's one of the main stops for tourists, so it's well known, especially for photographers: F-stop makes a "Bandon" bag!
And rightly so! We miss Oregon a lot… and once the border opens again we’ll surely make this trip again at some point…

(apologies for the silliness - when you’re driving the whole day, you’re happy about any idea to break up the long drive :D )

And rightly so! We miss Oregon a lot… and once the border opens again we’ll surely make this trip again at some point…

(apologies for the silliness - when you’re driving the whole day, you’re happy about any idea to break up the long drive :D )
Oh, I understand completely! Road tripping is one of our favorite things. It's a western thing - we have do much open space it's a waste not to explore. I haven't been to Vancouver in over a decade, and then only driving through. I'd really love to spend some time there eventually.

Back