Sydney in vivid colour

NightBird

Regular
Name
Darren
So I eventually got around to joining the millions of other people taking photographs of Sydney over the past two weeks of the Vivid Sydney festival. It was an excellent if not a little cool walk across the city and bridge. I have a new appreciation for wearing a scarf now.

I have around 20 photos on Flickr, and most were taken handheld, except for a few where I had the convenience of a make shift platform or flat surface. I used my E-P5 & ISO's varied from 200 to 3200, mostly 800 & 1600 from memory. ISO 3200 was definitely getting pretty flaky, though ok to look at smaller image sizes. I think with IBIS, I really didn't need to go that high if I stuck with widest aperture.

I'll add a handful below, though the full set is on Flickr.

View of the museum of contemporary art and Harbour Bridge from above Circular Quay
14193890040_16b60cee3d_b.jpg

Vivid1
by Darren.Nightingale, on Flickr

The view down George Street into 'The Rocks' precinct
14193774689_8bf716f74b_b.jpg

Vivid5

The Opera House and Circular Quay from somewhere around the south pylon of the Harbour Bridge
14193771728_0ae991b972_b.jpg

Vivid9

A different perspective of the Harbour Bridge and Sydney. My arm was stretched out for this one
14193681089_acdc97014a_b.jpg

Vivid15

Your common view of the Opera House except for the colour explosion
14379410984_099dcf16a5_b.jpg

Vivid10

The Harbour Bridge from outside Luna Park
14193680748_9c58fc7d41_b.jpg

Vivid19

be still my beating heart. Wifey and I love Syd'errs and we miss it terribly. Lovely shots that make us mourn our loss even more. But. there is always next year or year after!

Scarf ! Get yourself a couple of Buff's Darren. Far more versatile & really comfy . And no loose ends to get tangled up in.
I'm afraid to say I have more than a lot of them. And some as vivid as your pictures !
Very nice set indeed.

Scarf ! Get yourself a couple of Buff's Pete. Far more versatile & really comfy . And no loose ends to get tangled up in.
I'm afraid to say I have more than a lot of them. And some as vivid as your pictures !
Very nice set indeed.

They look good. Looks like they would be very handy for hiking. I could see myself throwing a normal scarf away in frustration.

Back