Leica Syria in the news again: it made me go back to images from my visit in June 2008

Raid

All-Pro
I took my family to Damascus, Syria in June 2008 to meet up with some family members who were taking shelter in Syria from the devastation in Iraq. Now, looking back at the situation in Syria, the loss of lives and destruction of entire major cities and the massacre of innocent women, children, and old people, make me think of that brief trip in the summer of 2008. I may (or may not?) have posted about it here. Each evening while in Damascus and in Amman (Jordan), I would try to free myself up to walk over to one of the many internet cafes to be able post an update on my trip to the Middle East.

Anyways, here is a link to that thread:
Syria 2008 (a few images) - Rangefinderforum.com

I took my family to Damascus, Syria in June 2008 to meet up with some family members who were taking shelter in Syria from the devastation in Iraq. Now, looking back at the situation in Syria, the loss of lives and destruction of entire major cities and the massacre of innocent women, children, and old people, make me think of that brief trip in the summer of 2008. I may (or may not?) have posted about it here. Each evening while in Damascus and in Amman (Jordan), I would try to free myself up to walk over to one of the many internet cafes to be able post an update on my trip to the Middle East.
Anyways, here is a link to that thread:
Syria 2008 (a few images) - Rangefinderforum.com

It used to be we had a belief that we'd rather 10 guilty go free than one innocent be subjected to wrongful prosecution. Then how much worse when an entire country is tossed about like a political football. Maybe it's time for everyone to get on board to strengthen the U.N. Or something...

No politics on my mind, Brian. I took photos there, and they are in the thread. If this causes problems, just let me know and I will try to delete this thread.

Hi there raid, I have always enjoyed your posts over on RFF. I am new here to this forum so nice to see a familiar "face" so to speak. Your photos are as always very evocative and well executed.

Do you have family in Syria?

Hi there raid, I have always enjoyed your posts over on RFF. I am new here to this forum so nice to see a familiar "face" so to speak. Your photos are as always very evocative and well executed.

Do you have family in Syria?
Thank you Eric. My sister used to live in Damascus, having escaped from Iraq, but then there was a war in Syria ...

Back