Tablet for online video streeming

Steve Noel

In Memorium
This may be in the wrong location for this post.

Situation and a Question.

We have cable, high speed TV, phone and internet. We like to stream movies and past TV shows. I am thinking of getting a modestly priced tablet, such as the Amazon Fire 8.5", or other..., to be able to watch privately and quietly, anywhere in the house. We have a strong wireless signal, from our hub.

Tablet would be used for reading etc, also. Money is tight, so giving careful thought to options. Thoughts? Experience?

Thanks,

Yeah, its' really down to the strength of the data flow from the service, your internet provider, and your wifi network. If those are all in order, any tablet can handle it. I have an ipad mini that works great. I don't stream a lot of video on it, but never had a problem when I have...

-Ray

Whichever you get, if you are streaming from in the house as well as online, you might want to look at Plex Redirect because you'll need something to serve it up and IMO Plex is the best (and very much the easiest to set up). I use any of my iOS devices to stream from the study to the AppleTV via airplay, but I can sit outside and watch on any of the devices, and the Plex mobile site advertises that its good for iOS, Android, Windows8, and Windows Phone 7. The other nice thing is that your Plex server (you have to have that running on a computer or NAS) remembers what you last viewed, so you don't lose where you were up to.

Back