Film Take a look at this (upcoming instant camera powerhouse)!

Name
Matt
Take a look at this:

MiNT Teases Upcoming InstantKon RF70 That Shoots Instax Wide

Find out more by registering here:

More About InstantKon RF70

(I don't want to make the wrong impression - that's why I don't provide my personal access link; I think it wouldn't send the right signals to Mr. Ho.)

This may be the last instant camera I ever have to buy. If you like what you see, share it!

M.

I saw this the other day in the same video they describe and got very excited. If and when this is a reality, I will buy one for sure. Finally, and for wide film too.

Fascinating. I had a similar thought awhile ago - if someone could come up with 3D printed back design for the most common film cameras that worked with an Instax mechanism - that would be kind of cool. The company could sell you a design to match your camera - maybe something ubiquitous and cheap like a K1000 and a licensed Instax mechanism to slot into the 3D back. You could potentially do the same thing with a digital sensor. Probably a few years away before 3D fabricators become more common and someone has the inclination and skills to combine it with a suitable back end sensor (either film or digital).

Agreed...neat idea, but I'm more than happy with my Lomo Insta'WIDE at the moment. I can appreciate what they are doing, but over $500 and it is a non-issue for me for this kind of camera.
I'm in two minds about the Lomo'Instant Wide - it's quite capable indoors, especially when using the flash (I have yet to try the PC Sync option). But it often struggles outdoors - at infinity, it's less than acceptably sharp, even at f/22 (though an UV filter helps), and more crucially, exposure can be *way* off (usually, this means heavy overexposure). It's a really nice concept, and on paper, it does everything I need, but from the Automat Glass, I know what the film could do, and the Wide simply doesn't deliver on that level reliably enough; this is even more irritating when using the very nice black and white film. Now, if I can do my best to make sure that every shot is a success (or that at least *I* am responsible for failures), I'll be happy to pay that price. In the long run, upping the keeper rate will make it the more sensible choice for me. But of course, if you shoot mostly indoors and for fun, the Lomo'Instant Wide is more than adequate.

M.

I'm in two minds about the Lomo'Instant Wide - it's quite capable indoors, especially when using the flash (I have yet to try the PC Sync option). But it often struggles outdoors - at infinity, it's less than acceptably sharp, even at f/22 (though an UV filter helps), and more crucially, exposure can be *way* off (usually, this means heavy overexposure). It's a really nice concept, and on paper, it does everything I need, but from the Automat Glass, I know what the film could do, and the Wide simply doesn't deliver on that level reliably enough; this is even more irritating when using the very nice black and white film. Now, if I can do my best to make sure that every shot is a success (or that at least *I* am responsible for failures), I'll be happy to pay that price. In the long run, upping the keeper rate will make it the more sensible choice for me. But of course, if you shoot mostly indoors and for fun, the Lomo'Instant Wide is more than adequate.

M.

That is very true in regards to outdoor use. I mainly use it for indoor shooting at wedding reception for those people who want that kind of thing.

Obviously I am not the target demographic, but I honestly didn't even realize that there was a target group that wanted "instant camera" and "high quality".

Not sure why it didn't dawn on me, but now it makes sense.

Back