Fuji Showcase Takumar 50mm f/1.4

Suds344

Name
Sudhir Misra
I've had this lens for a long time, used it alot on my 7D previously. But was very difficult to manual focus, obviously the X-T1 changes all of that. Last week I was about to purchase another one. After doing some research online I discovered the one I already had was the better model. An actor friend of mine later that day asked if I could do some head shots for him. I gladly accepted and turned to the Takumar as it would have given me around 75mm on the X-T1's cropped sensor. The results blew my mind, all natural light and sharp as a tack, the color on this lens is amazing. I remember purchasing it many years ago for around $30. Here are some of the shots from the shoot.

Today I ordered the Mitakon Lens Turbo which when it arrives will convert this lens to an actual 50mm and give me an extra stop of light making it an f/1.2

_DSF3717.jpg
_DSF3721.jpg
_DSF3759.jpg
_DSF3691.jpg

hi,

looks great, really sharp. What was the aperture ?

Do you see this as opened thread on Takumar 50 1.4? if not then let me know , I will remove my post...

Today I was testing my takumar with Kipon speed booster on X-E1. I still need to work on my ability to get proper focus (below was wide opened), still the dreamy effect looks cool to me... :)

DSCF3840.jpg

DSCF3839.jpg

hi,

looks great, really sharp. What was the aperture ?

Do you see this as opened thread on Takumar 50 1.4? if not then let me know , I will remove my post...

Today I was testing my takumar with Kipon speed booster on X-E1. I still need to work on my ability to get proper focus (below was wide opened), still the dreamy effect looks cool to me... :)

View attachment 5863

View attachment 5864
I think i was at around f/2.8-4. Can't wait to get my speed booster, really love this lens. What the price of the Kipon speed booster?

I've had this lens for a long time, used it alot on my 7D previously. But was very difficult to manual focus, obviously the X-T1 changes all of that. Last week I was about to purchase another one. After doing some research online I discovered the one I already had was the better model. An actor friend of mine later that day asked if I could do some head shots for him. I gladly accepted and turned to the Takumar as it would have given me around 75mm on the X-T1's cropped sensor. The results blew my mind, all natural light and sharp as a tack, the color on this lens is amazing. I remember purchasing it many years ago for around $30. Here are some of the shots from the shoot.

Today I ordered the Mitakon Lens Turbo which when it arrives will convert this lens to an actual 50mm and give me an extra stop of light making it an f/1.2

View attachment 5844 View attachment 5845 View attachment 5846 View attachment 5847

Those are superb images. May I ask which adapter you are using with the X T1? I generally get Fotodiox and have success with them.

Those are superb images. May I ask which adapter you are using with the X T1? I generally get Fotodiox and have success with them.

Hi Doug, the only adapter that I could find here in South Africa for the Fuji is a kiwi adapter. Was pretty pricey compared to the m42-ef adapters. Solid build quality and does the job.

Back