Leica TCSTV Leica M Review Video

I am PRO modernizing Leica cameras. I am ANTI doing it in a way that is subpar. Only add a feature to your camera when you can do it as well or better than everyone else.

As always, I enjoy your reviews.

Great video. Seems like an awesome camera to me. I'll look forward to buying one in about 8-10 years :).

It sounded so positive though, that interview with Oeynhausen sounded like they were taking the video function seriously. I thought Leica might've had the benefit of learning from Canon's journey developing their 5DMkII to the improved MkIII (re: the video features/quality). Leica would've also seen how high end filmmaking ventures like Red camera developed a specific M mount adapter for their filmmaking cameras was an acknowledgment of the quality of Leica lenses applied in filmmaking, albeit that adapter was predominantly to allow the use of the legendary Noctilux.

Very informative review by the way, enjoyed it.

I hope the video quality can be improved in future firmwares, particularly the stuttering effect you mentioned in your review. I saw a bit of that in Overgaard's video clip too, and lots of other artefacts. I was hoping that it was due to his lack of experience in video and online compression, etc.

Some of the issues could be addressed in firmware, I really hope a proper 180 degree shutter is one of the first ones. That said, I'll keep using Leica glass on my beloved FS700 until Leica gets it right on an M camera.

Back