Micro 4/3 TCSTV Olympus OMD E-M1 Field Test Video

I'll be the first one to complain about the EM1.

Why does Olympus HATE the metering function so much that it does NOT allow metering to be assigned to ANY customizable button in ANY of its cameras!?!? WHY??

Ah, I can't guarantee that I'm not having hardware/wifi issues whilst sitting in a hotel room in Chile watching it on a netbook computer with headphones so I don't wake up my wife. I was struggling to get enough volume even with it turned all the way up.

Why does Olympus HATE the metering function so much that it does NOT allow metering to be assigned to ANY customizable button in ANY of its cameras!?!? WHY??

Do you use it that often? I'm definitely not a fan of Olympus ergonomics, but I think their execution of spot + AE-L is brilliant, even if they borrowed it from Canon's book :)

Do you use it that often? I'm definitely not a fan of Olympus ergonomics, but I think their execution of spot + AE-L is brilliant, even if they borrowed it from Canon's book :)

Yeah, I actually do use it. I just don't get the rationale. We can literally assign just about anything to the FN buttons, EXCEPT metering.

I think that I've just become accustomed to relying on the accuracy of the exposure of the live
view image and the highlight/shadow blinkies. My quick access metering adjustment is the exposure compensation dial :). The arbitrary choice of what can and can't be assigned through function buttons is a bit annoying of most brands of camera that I know of actually.

I think that I've just become accustomed to relying on the accuracy of the exposure of the live
view image and the highlight/shadow blinkies. My quick access metering adjustment is the exposure compensation dial :). The arbitrary choice of what can and can't be assigned through function buttons is a bit annoying of most brands of camera that I know of actually.

Thankfully, the latest m4/3 cameras are pretty good with showing exposure preview. I recall having a hard time with the GH2 in the past.

WOW, I stand corrected. Sort of. There's a actually a fixed metering button on the left dial! Woohoo!!! I better line-up for the EM1 now!

Back