Fuji TCSTV X-T1 Test with Nick Devlin

OK, that really did almost push me into letting the moths fly out of my wallet to buy this camera!

My first thought when looking at this camera - especially in the photos along with this review of Nick Devlin's - was "this reminds me so much of my OM-1..." from there I waxed poetic in my my mind for the good old film days of mine in the 1970s... I read on and then there it was!
"At a quick glance, one could mistake the X-T1 for an Olympus OM film camera."
Great minds think alike!

serhan, I think I thank you for this link. For anyone that has already ordered - it's going to whet your appetite even more, I think.

P.S. Armando, aren't you a "face detection" fan? Well this quote is for you:
Face detection
While we’re on the subject of autofocus, I have a confession to make. I love face-detect autofocus. I may be the only serious photographer who does, but to me, this is a seminal technology for anyone who wants to take street or travel portraits. Basically, when it is enabled, face detection causes the camera to analyze the scene from the sensor and focus on the nearest thing it determines is a human face, if it finds one. Does it work? Absolutely.
:D

Yes, I was clamoring for face detection, and was happy to see that Fuji added it on the XM1/XA1/XE2. And of course on the XT1. But alas, financial sanity and GAG set in, and I canceled my XT1 pre-order!

Armando, give it time...there's no rush.

Hmm, I never thought Nick seemed either snobbish nor curmudgeonly except he admits he is generally anti EVF, yet does admit he could be happy to live with this one.

One of the comments referred to Nick as snobby. That's ridiculous. He's curmudgeonly.

Every person we've filmed with who has mentioned owning a digital medium format camera has been described by the internet as snobby. So if you want to remain grounded, remember to stick to full frame or smaller formats.

Armando, give it time...there's no rush.

Hmm, I never thought Nick seemed either snobbish nor curmudgeonly except he admits he is generally anti EVF, yet does admit he could be happy to live with this one.

I consider curmudgeonly a compliment of course. I also promise never to buy a medium format digital camera. Alright, I can't afford a digital MF camera, but that's not the point . . .

Back