Fuji TCSTV X-T1 test with The Camera Store's Chris Niccolls and guest Nick Devlin

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
Courtesy of Chris Niccolls of The Camera Store, I'm posting a link to his X-T1 video review here:
for your viewing pleasure...and to help all of you who've pre-ordered or are waiting on the sidelines to learn more. I always enjoy The Camera Store's reviews and this time Chris has Nick Devlin out in the cold with him, along their two Fuji XT1 cameras.

See what you think!

Thanks to you, serhan, we have more fuel to add to the XT1 fire and it's becoming more and more difficult for me to turn away!

All I can say is that I am 99.99% sure that I will end up with this camera some day. Meanwhile I will lock my credit card away.

My own first thoughts in reading this one were "Gee, this camera really reminds me of my beloved OM-1"...and then I was swept away in a nostalgic film reverie... Upon continuing to read I found out Nick felt that way too:
At a quick glance, one could mistake the X-T1 for an Olympus OM film camera.

Happy reading.:th_salute:

P.S. And Armando - he loves "face detection" too!
Face detection
While we’re on the subject of autofocus, I have a confession to make. I love face-detect autofocus. I may be the only serious photographer who does, but to me, this is a seminal technology for anyone who wants to take street or travel portraits. Basically, when it is enabled, face detection causes the camera to analyze the scene from the sensor and focus on the nearest thing it determines is a human face, if it finds one. Does it work? Absolutely.
:wink_old:

Back