Leica Tele-Elmar M 135mm f4 with M240

rflove

Veteran
B&W and cropped, added sharpness, clarity, adjusted exposure in LR5, resized in Perfect Resize Suite 9.

L1000740-Edit.jpg

I uploaded the image from my computer using the "upload a photo" button on the lower right.... Seems like some get a good sharp image and others don't. I'll try again. Is this better?

I saved both to a viewspace and they're about the same. The total posted image size is only 740 pixels wide, so the moon within that frame is only about 200 pixels wide, so no real detail.

I saved both to a viewspace and they're about the same. The total posted image size is only 740 pixels wide, so the moon within that frame is only about 200 pixels wide, so no real detail.

Sorry about that, I wish I knew what else to do.... I have a website where I could upload the original and copy the URL.. The original image is not very large either. I cropped it and the result is only a fraction of the un-cropped image, but still it has a lot of detail. I'll se if I can remember my passwords, etc. And see about doing it that way.

Sorry about that, I wish I knew what else to do.... I have a website where I could upload the original and copy the URL.. The original image is not very large either. I cropped it and the result is only a fraction of the un-cropped image, but still it has a lot of detail. I'll se if I can remember my passwords, etc. And see about doing it that way.

Thanks, but don't worry about that - none of us can do much better unless we have a motorized astro tripod that tracks the movement of the disc of the moon, since it does move pretty quickly when it's magnified much. Or we have a really big lens like the National Geographic guys use.

Here's a link to my moon pic from another site, since I can't edit my original post at photographer's lounge or point to a specific post there. Click on the thumbnail....

Oops, there was an error! | Rock Grotto

It's not really detailed in the professional sense, but at least it gets to the full image.

Very nice image, I suppose it was done with a lens longer than 135mm...... I used to get images closer to that with my EM-5 and the 100-300mm Panasonic Mu43 zoom lens.

Much better. That from a Canon G3x?
Yes, the G3x. My wife's camera. She likes it much better than the Canon pocket camera she had, although for her it's an extra weight to carry for casual urban shooting.

Very nice image, I suppose it was done with a lens longer than 135mm...... I used to get images closer to that with my EM-5 and the 100-300mm Panasonic Mu43 zoom lens.
It does very well for a "one inch" sensor camera. My wife uses it, but one of these days I may pick up one of these for myself, or something similar from Panasonic.

Back