Pentax Tell us all about your Pentax Q - and please add your photographs!

Congratulations on your new camera. I looked the Q series up. They certainly look like a beautiful, tiny camera.

Arrgghhh. I just realised that I'm responding to a zombie thread.
Ah well. The things I said apply to the recent posts and posters too.
Nah, it was posted in earlier this year, so no Zombie...

Just a faint whiff of degradation. :unsure:

The thread was started 10 years ago, but I only got my Q a few months back & there's still plenty of life left in them.
So far I've used mine with Pentax Auto 110 lenses, c and d mount lenses, MFT lenses, M42 lenses and some home adapted pentaka mount biotars as well as a couple of the native lenses. Some of these are near impossible to adapt to anything else!
I must dig out some of the photos :)

IMGP5312.jpg

Q7 is the camera I never leave home without

I had a Q7 back a few years ago. My first Pentax anything and I see why a lot of people love that brand. I couldn't stick with it because I was one of those weirdos that really needs to have a viewfinder.

I was not the biggest fan of the SOOC JPGs, but get a RAW file for me and I loved it to pieces.

I've a Flickr album if anyone is interested:

A few more Q7 images, taken today (and cross-posted in the Remarkable Cars thread) - all taken with the 01 Prime lens - of a vintage Volkswagen Beetle I happened to see on the street. Old V.W.'s have classic lines - but so does the Q7, and its earlier and even more classic sibling, the Q.

Q7_Dec19_21_VW_bug_front(silver.efex).jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Even with the relatively small sensor, the quality of the images my Q7 produces makes me happy.

Q7_Dec19_21_VW_bug_front_fender.jpg

The preceding images were processed in Nik's silver.efex, but this next one, a SOOC camera selfie, uses the Q7's in-camera 'Bold Monochrome' setting.

Q7_Dec19_21_VW_bug_mirror.jpg

The Q7 is currently my physically smallest - and hence most easily pocketable - camera. I'm glad I had it with me today.

Q7_Dec19_21_VW_bug_side.jpg

Back