Tell us your real name...

Ray, you were one of my favorite basketball players to watch growing up. And I loved your bits in the movie "Airplane!"

Yeah, I lost a little of the "sky" part of the sky hook. Now I just dabble in coaching and, uhhh, real estate....

I must say I enjoyed my time playing with the Big O in your fair city... May have been before your time though.

-Ray

I have some faded early memories of watching you and the "big O" on our first color TV. For others who may not know what Ray and I are talking about. Here's a younger Ray.....check out his signature shot at :16 into the video. Poetry in motion......
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow, trip down memory lane. This is Ray talking again - I remember that series really well (I was 15 and TOTALLY into hoop), but I forgot just how loaded that Buck team was. Jeez, Bobby Dandridge, Curtis Perry, Lucius Allen, in addition to Me and Oscar. Damn! Everyone remembers the Celtics (even in that post-Russel era), but the Bucks, wow. Ray remembers seeing a pre-season game between the Bucks and Lakers right around that time, when Wilt was with the Lakers and I was playing for the Bucks. Ray lived in Tucson and they were trying to promote the Suns somehow by having OTHER teams play exhibition games all over Arizona (this was about 4-5 years before the Suns made that wild run to the finals themselves behind Alvin Adams and Paul Westpaul). Ray remembers just sitting there awestruck watching Wilt and I go at it (or pretend to - nothing too intense in the pre-season)...

OK, this is getting too confusing. I'm gonna have to stop now... :D

-George

Back