Feedback Test

I think the current setting is 1300x1300, at one time it was briefly 1600x1600. Extremely large images can be uploaded but they have always gotten resized to the max dimensions.
Well, when uploading the image above from the computer the picture is indeed resized to 1300px wide. There seems to be no such limit for pictures inserted from an external site; are these pictures also automatically uploaded to this site? I know this is done sometimes to keep the content intact when the pictures disappear from the external site.

Another test: inserted from url, picture removed from external website

S01-20200418-007.jpg

Edit: picture remains visible here, even though it disappeared from the external website. Apparently the image file is stored on this website, but now without the 1300px limit.

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
Nov 3, 2018
Well, when uploading the image above from the computer the picture is indeed resized to 1300px wide. There seems to be no such limit for pictures inserted from an external site; are these pictures also automatically uploaded to this site? I know this is done sometimes to keep the content intact when the pictures disappear from the external site.
Hhhhmmmmm.... external images are stored locally but they're supposed to be getting treated the same as if they were uploaded directly. I'll need to check that out.

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
Nov 3, 2018
@Kevin, funny thing, when resizing in Flickr at pasting using BBCode we loose EXIF info. Is that Flickr related? Or forum? Thanks

View attachment 219624
2020 April Day 18 2043 NIKON Df 85.0 mm f-1.8-2 by Matero, on Flickr
I have to look at Flickr but if I recall correctly you need to use the Flickr "full size" or original URL version, all other resized versions on Flickr don't retain the EXIF data in the actual image file.

Hhhhmmmmm.... external images are stored locally but they're supposed to be getting treated the same as if they were uploaded directly. I'll need to check that out.
I hope you will extend the size limit to something more than 1300px, I'd like to have at least 1600px wide pictures. I'm watching the forum on a 27" 5K iMac, so smaller pictures don't make the impact they should.

Kevin

Code Monkey 🐒
Nov 3, 2018
I hope you will extend the size limit to something more than 1300px, I'd like to have at least 1600px wide pictures. I'm watching the forum on a 27" 5K iMac, so smaller pictures don't make the impact they should.
I had to Google the resolution of that..... 5120x2880! 😲 Well, dang, that makes my 3840x2160 Dell 4K UHD seem like it's time for an upgrade in 2021. :D

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom