Testing a new camera

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Anyone care to guess what it is? (No fair peeking at the metadata.)

All shots are jpegs straight of the the camera.

FZ150_test_011_Medium_.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

FZ150_test_009_Medium_.JPG

FZ150_test_010_Medium_.JPG

FZ150_test_023_Medium_.JPG

FZ150_test_005_Medium_.JPG

something with a zoom with a pretty wide range. not fantastically sharp at the edge of the frame. i'd guess a superzoom of some type

You're right; it's a Panasonic FZ-150. I wanted something with much longer reach in an all-in-one package. I think it's probably good enough for my purposes.

Cheers, Jock

Love the doggy! I think for versatility that the super zooms are fantastic. I have the Canon SX40. They are great at what they do and if your not a mad fanatical image has to be perfect person they are great little cameras.

Love the doggy! I think for versatility that the super zooms are fantastic. I have the Canon SX40. They are great at what they do and if your not a mad fanatical image has to be perfect person they are great little cameras.

I am very much an opportunistic shooter. One of the other members here put to succinctly: take a camera everywhere and see what happens.

So I'm willing to sacrifice some IQ for convenience.

Cheers, Jock

when i was looking for a new camera a couple of years ago, i ended up going m43; the only serious alternatives for my needs & wants then were the superzooms, and i spent a lot of time looking at images from the FZs, ending up very impressed (still am actually) at how good they really are. it was the wide range of these shots that made me suggest a superzoom, rather than any shortcomings in "image quality"

Back