Fuji Showcase Testing new lens

Charzes44

Hall of Famer
Name
Charles
Hi everyone,
I'm new here, I have only just found this forum, but have been involved in photography since 1957! I am an ardent Fuji-Xer since 2015. I look forward to meeting you all.
Charles
0547CD7D-D061-4A75-A9D5-2D675A898141.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
523B4323-B3F0-4DE6-B3CF-F22CA60D75C2.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Welcome! Hopefully you enjoy it here. There was a decent-sized migration of M43 users not long ago, and it appears a group of Fuji shooters are kicking the tires due to a similar situation. I think between those 2 groups, we could be onto something good here. :)

What’s your take on the 18-55? I’m tempted by it, but I’ve found when I have a lens of that range, I end up not using it much. I either grab the UWA or the tele.

Welcome! Hopefully you enjoy it here. There was a decent-sized migration of M43 users not long ago, and it appears a group of Fuji shooters are kicking the tires due to a similar situation. I think between those 2 groups, we could be onto something good here. :)

What’s your take on the 18-55? I’m tempted by it, but I’ve found when I have a lens of that range, I end up not using it much. I either grab the UWA or the tele.
My first Fuji lens was the 18-55mm and liked it a lot.
Quite amazing for a 'kit lens'
But these days when I'm using Fuji, rather than my preferred M43 gear, I too would go 10-24mm or 70-300mm

Fuji's 18-55 is way better than what one usually expects from a so-called *kit* lens. It came with my first Fuji body (X-T2) and I've used it extensively while travelling with very pleasing results.

If you're looking for that focal distance, then it's very worth having. If not specifically, then get a 23 or 35 prime within that range instead

I like the 18-55. Previously, I had replaced one with the 16-80, which is a very, very good lens, but, for me, it had no soul. So I sold it and bought another 18-55. Smaller, lighter, and lovely images. Win win!
I tend to agree with you that the 18-55 seems to have a bit more contrast/soul than the 16-80 but the range of the 16-80 is perfect.

Back