Film Thanks Adobe for penalising me for cancelling my month to month subcription.

I'm really glad I never actually gave in to the temptation of using an otherwise quite well-done piece of software. I fully agree with your judgement!

M.

Yes, a good piece of software, which I honestly came to love but sadly made by a greedy corporation. My husband did warn me...

When I was considering photo manipulation software, I looked at Adobe PS - then bought Corel. I like the fact that, although upgrades are available, I don't have to shell out for software every month for the rest of my life. I'd rather buy film!

What is the cancellation fee for? Did you cancel before the one year subscription was up?

I'll switch to another company before paying a monthly fee, have no interest in "leasing" software. I still use LR6 stand-alone, which should last me a long time.

Good question, I have no idea! I suspect when I signed up for what I thought was a month to month contract, it really was a year's contract, even though I was paying month to month. I didn't read the fine print but after doing a lot of searching from what I understand this is not made clear even in the fine print. Anyhow, doesn't matter, lesson learnt. I am going to buy a single license copy of LR6 if you can even still buy it.

Question for those who've done so: will canceling the month-to-month subscription to Lightroom interfere with my ability to use my LR 6 non-subscription software? I signed up for a few extras last year which I needed in order to complete a couple of college photography courses, and my year is up (so I'm no longer penalized for canceling:rolleyes:). I just want to make sure Adobe won't leave behind some kind of monkey wrench that would interfere with my fully-owned version of the software.

Back