The 12th Serious Compacts Challenge - WINNER ANNOUNCED

The Hand

dscf3847.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Everything okay, Kian? I see it's been a while since you were active...
Since no one called time on the challenge yet, here's my entry:

'No pictures!'
SAM_1387crop_small.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Voilà voilà, finally the result of the 12th challenge. I'm gong through very difficult Times in my Life right now, reason why I have been late, I present m'y apologies to the SC community.

So the winner is Lightmancer, I love this shot, hands coming close or separating with lot's of tenderness. There are many other beautiful shots but this one goes to my heart specially in my current Life situation.

Congratulations everybody and thanks a lot for your kind contributions :)

May I play? This was taken with my 84-year-old Leica II. It's important to me because one hand is mine, and the other is Mrs Lightmancer :)

View attachment 66141
Hands by Lightmancer, on Flickr

Sent from another Galaxy

Blimey - thank you very much! I am honoured. I want to thank Oskar Barnack for this win, since without him the camera I used would not have existed :D Seriously, it's nice to have one of the original "Serious Compacts" still showing that it can deliver the goods 84 years later, so I had better let it take a bow:

View attachment 66147
IID 5cm Nickel Elmar by Lightmancer, on Flickr

My thanks - and my best wishes - also go to KianO; we have all been there and sometimes it is a community like this that helps get through to the other side.

Give me 48 hours and I shall come up with a new challenge for you lot to get your teeth into... I have an idea...! :cool:

Well done Bill. Lovely shot. Looking forward to taking part in your new challenge, whatever it may be.

Kian, sorry to hear you are going through hard times just now. My thoughts and best wishes for things to improve for you.

Thank you all so much for your kind words, as in beatle's black bird, I'm taking my broken wings and learn to fly as if I were waiting for this moment to be free :) - Looking forward to the 13th challenge.

Back