The 1st Serious Compact Salon Challenge: Companionship

Since this is a kind of a loose challenge, I wanted to let everyone know that the timing for the end still stands at midnight, Friday the 6th "New York" time...but it is quite possible that I won't be around to officially choose the challenge's "winning" entry until early Saturday morning.

So glad more great companionship images are being added!:drinks:

Companionship :)

DSC6180.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I've been thinking long and hard about what should be my first SC² entry, but it's really obvious now that I thought of this photo. This is a shot looking behind me at a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert that I attended recently. Not only did their music provide a great companion to me during my teenage years, there were also 45,000 people keeping me company as we listened to the Peppers play. Great show by the way! :) panorama of 2 photos.
SAM_3660-2_stitch_1500x646_.jpg

Companionship

There were so many strong contenders for this "Companionship" challenge, and so many very good images, graphically, aesthetically and otherwise. So a big thank you to everyone who entered - an excellent kick off to what we hope will be an ongoing chance for everyone to get involved with taking and making photographs.:2thumbs:

Drum roll.....

As the curator of this SC Salon Challenge with the theme of "Companionship", my choice is Bill Shinnick's deeply touching picture of his little daughter who is lying there clearly not feeling well, yet being comforted by her sweet and devoted companion Joseph. The realness of this moment hit straight home to my heart. :bravo-009:

Congratulations Bill - and it's over to you to pick our 2nd Serious Compact Salon Challenge theme!:drinks: (I'll send a PM/email off shortly and we'll see what challenge Bill will offer us all.)

This is a scan of a 20 something year old negative - Joseph the poodle keeping an unwell daughter Liz company.

Liz_Joseph-rs.jpg

I loved this photo. It made me flash back to feeling sick when I was a little one and lying on the couch (because I was tired of lying in bed). I just wish that I had a dog when I was growing up to keep me company when I was feeling down.

Back