The 1st Serious Compact Salon Challenge: Companionship

BBW

Legend
Name
BB
At Amin's request, I'm kicking of a version of a group effort that has been quite successful and enjoyable over across the hall at Mu-43. It's a bi-weekly challenge - each one will run for two weeks, and it's self-sustaining which takes the organizing pressure off of everyone. All we need to do is participate and upload our photo of choice.:D

Here's the plan as described by Amin
The way it works is that the salon curator picks a theme and gives everyone 2 weeks to post photos in the thread. At the end of the two weeks, the curator picks a winner who becomes the curator for the next salon.

My choice as curator of this first go round is - "companionship". Companionship means all sorts of things to each of us - a good book in a comfortable chair, a pair of old well worn shoes, a pint in our local watering hole, spending time with an old friend...wildlife is full of examples of companionship...and, of course, many of us have our pets as some of our closest companions... Use your own interpretation and your camera of choice, film or digital, to make an image during these next two weeks, follow the guidelines below - and please don't be shy or hold back! The idea behind this, as it was for the Salon Challenge is to get us all seeing, and shooting.:drinks:

Here are the rules for the Salon Challenge:

1. Either take a picture that matches the nominated theme or select one from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the picture in order to enter it.

2. There are several ways to add your photos to the current salon thread: 1. upload your entry to your SC user gallery (all entries must be present in an SC gallery), which you automatically get if you are registered on the SC forum, so if you aren`t registered you will need to if you would like to join the fun. (Don't know about the "gallery" yet? Then read this: SC Gallery FAQ please read it carefully if you are new to using the site's software.) 2. embed from Flickr or another similar web hosting photo site and 3. use the attachment method. All three are explained here:https://www.photographerslounge.org/f19/how-post-images-forum-threads-45/

3. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement picture that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

4. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!

5. The person who submitted the chosen picture will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Salon Challenge and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the SC Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

6. The curator can't enter his or her own salon.

7. Please, don´t be shy...Participate and have fun!

8. Each salon should be open for about two weeks.

This competition ends at midnight New York time - and in this case that will be July 6th. Happy shooting!

... and so the SCSC (SC²?) was brought into this world. Awesome! Looking forward to it, and I'm happy that there'll still be a challenge, I find them great fun and great motivators. Now, on to find some companionship... :)

Ah, good news!

Is rule number 2 an attempt to maintain the integrity of old salons (avoid broken flickr links, etc). I think that it was decided to relax that rule at mu-43 and I'm not sure if it was being followed that closely anyway.

On Windows > Start Menu to All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/Character Map and look up your own. SC² [Alt 0178]. If you have another OS, figure out where your fonts are managed and look there for your shortcuts.

And I am glad there is still a challenge. =)

I love that they are walking in perfect time. What a nattily dressed gentleman! Instantly made me think of the main character in my favourite book - "The End of the Alphabet" by C S Richardson. The hardback is a thing of great beauty.

This is a scan of a 20 something year old negative - Joseph the poodle keeping an unwell daughter Liz company.

Liz_Joseph-rs.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Back