The 25th Photographers' Lounge Salon Challenge: Photo series

Matt Everglade

Regular
Hi everyone,

please post your interpretations on the theme 'Photo series' up to the 24th of April. This topic is different to the previous challenges and I would like to see a series of photos. You have to submit at least two photos and should not exceed the number of five photos. Your submission could be a series of a landscape with different light or photos showing basically the same subject with small changes/differences, e.g. a train station at night and at day. Be creative and show us some interesting series of photos. :) To give you an idea, I'll post an example below, which is out of competition, of course.

Rules (mostly) as usual:

1. Either take pictures that match the nominated theme or select some from your portfolio. You must be the photographer that created the images in order to enter it.

2. Only one entry per salon, please. If you want to withdraw an entry and replace it with another, that is OK, but you must make it clear in the post containing your replacement pictures that this is what you've done. You can add or change the title and add to the edit line to let everyone know.

3. The decision of the curator at the end of the challenge is final - don't give him/her a hard time about it: this is just a friendly photo challenge, after all!

4. The person who submitted the chosen picture will assume the responsibility of curator for the next Salon Challenge and as soon as possible post a message in a new thread in the PL Photo Challenges forum, with details of the new theme. Don't forget - that opening message must include a copy of these instructions, which also double as the rules.

5. The curator cannot enter his or her own salon.​

Example (and I hope to see better series than this one ;) ):

SAM_4897.jpg

SAM_4944.jpg

Enjoy it!

Cheers,
Matt

Thank you for all these beautiful submissions. Will be hard to choose one.
Nevertheless, I hope more series are "in production"! There are about four weeks left! Enjoy it! :)

Yesterday, I had the deep joy to visit the home of Rudyard Kipling; "Batemans". The house is pretty much as it would have been if he still lived there. The house was left in the care of the National Trust and it contains his original furniture. It is the only home I have visited where you could actually sense the presence of the previous owner/occupier. His writing room certainly speaks volumes. He wasn't the tidiest of people. He also complained that his typewriter failed to spell correctly! (I feel your pain Mr Kipling). The school blazer belonged to his son John; whom he encouraged to go to war, and who was lost at the battle of Loos in Belgium in 1915. Despite this, it felt a happy home.

25519315523_b6f3bb8f23_b.jpg
The Home of Rudyard Kipling
by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

25849088570_cbfc902415_b.jpg

View attachment 117945The Home of Rudyard Kipling by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

View attachment 117946The Home of Rudyard Kipling by Pete Tachauer, on Flickr

26122040245_5befede1fc_b.jpg

Back