Fuji The 90mm F2 lens

paulwd

Hi Rico

When I first received my new Fuji 90mm lens and attached to my X-T1 I noticed
a rattling sound coming from the inside of the lens. When I powered the camera
on the noise stopped. I later learned that this is normal and just the way the magnets
and motor on the inside of the lens operate. I never realized this when I purchased the
lens because I have never heard any mention of it on the forums yet. Anyway just
a heads up to those who found out like me that this is the way it is.

How do you like the lens?
Love this lens. This is probably the sharpest and most brilliant lens in the Fuji lineup right now.
It also AF seems faster on this lens also. It is heavier then my other primes but not overbearing.
Also I do not miss having IBIS in the lens never had it before so not a big deal.
  • Here is two sample photos. Jpegs right out of camera no processing done.
  • Of course the files have been downsized for upload.
DSCF2200.jpg
DSCF2202.jpg

I'm glad you like it as much as everybody else. Everybody seems to be as happy as I was when I started using this lens.

My copy had dusts inside so I returned it. I didn't get another copy. Now I am thinking, if there is no OIS, it might be hard to use it especially in dark places/indoors.

Nope. My lens is silent, on or off the camera. Bearing in mind previous reports here, I checked it for dust before leaving the shop - clean as a whistle. As to OIS, bear in mind that this is a fast lens, especially for the focal length. I have tried it in dim light and will test it further but good technique should do the trick - it's what we relied on before OIS ;)

Back