Music The Amazing Emporium of Wondrous Tunes (aka: What are you listening to?)

Sorry to see that we've lost Mike Nesmith of the Monkees. Watching them fooling around on TV was a big part of my childhood and I enjoyed their songs then and now. Always loved this one by Mike on his own - such a pretty song.

And he was my favourite.

(Watching the video properly after posting it, I'm fairly sure that the image at 3:25 is actually a pre-Zeppelin Jimmy Page and not Mike - oops)

Last edited:
Sorry to see that we've lost Mike Nesmith of the Monkees.
Well, that saddens me a bit this Friday afternoon. I just had to search for it, it wasn't showing up in my usual news feed.

Someone appears to have popped an SST concert tour VHS online in its entirety, I skipped forward to 55m for Husker Du but will be rolling back for the Meat Puppets & Minutemen

Ran across video of Jamie Dupuis a couple of years ago. Original work and covers. Acoustic and electric guitars, and harp guitars. edit - and banjos and probably some other instruments I'm forgetting.

Last edited:
Christmas is a lot different for me this year. At the moment I'm sitting on the floor with my dog listening to some tunes.

The Band - Christmas Must be Tonight

Streamed "Pennyworth" on some streaming hub the other weekend, and found that one of the antagonists primarily was a singer, so without further ado, the splendid Paloma Faith:

Last edited:
Back