Music The Amazing Emporium of Wondrous Tunes (aka: What are you listening to?)

Scattered storms rolling through today, so soundtracks it is. Currently - Blade Runner (both).

In the queue - Gladiator, Lord Of The Rings, Tron 2, Heavy Metal, Ghost In The Shell OSTs, Streets of Fire...

Scattered storms rolling through today, so soundtracks it is. Currently - Blade Runner (both).

In the queue - Gladiator, Lord Of The Rings, Tron 2, Heavy Metal, Ghost In The Shell OSTs, Streets of Fire...
Streets of Fire is an incredible movie. With an awesome soundtrack- especially The Blasters! So under-rated. Early Willem Dafoe and did 'Tom' ever appear in anything else?

What a lovely version! I am usually extremely wary of covers but they nailed this one
I LOVE covers. Especially when the new artists takes real ownership and doesn't just copy the original. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes translate everything into pop-punk. And Adventures in Coverland by Girl in a Coma are great examples

Streets of Fire is an incredible movie. With an awesome soundtrack- especially The Blasters! So under-rated. Early Willem Dafoe and did 'Tom' ever appear in anything else?

Yup, my favorite is Nowhere Fast. Loved the cars and the not quite so familiar past times. Tom was Michael Pare, he had other roles over the years, including The Philadelphia Experiment, another of my favorite movies from the '80s. There was actually a good list of actors that went on to more - in addition to Dafoe and Pare there were Diane Lane, Rick Moranis, Amy Madigan, Rick Rossovich, Bill Paxton, Ed Begly Jr, Deborah Van Valkenburgh and others.

Back