Music The Amazing Emporium of Wondrous Tunes (aka: What are you listening to?)

Another group I enjoyed most from the early & mid '80s was the Divinyls. Also enjoyed a few songs off their last album.
Oooh, I haven't heard their stuff in ages. Adding a few tracks to my YT Music library.... :D
The Tourists. Some of you might recognize some of the band.
I am not familiar with The Tourists! I'll be doing some reading up tonight after work and seeing how much of their collection is available for streaming. :cool:

Oooh, I haven't heard their stuff in ages. Adding a few tracks to my YT Music library.... :D

I am not familiar with The Tourists! I'll be doing some reading up tonight after work and seeing how much of their collection is available for streaming. :cool:

I love threads like these (and the book threads), lots of good leads to find things to hear and read. :)

In bed right now, listening to the only thing that helps me not have nightmares or panick attacks in sleep (well almost always):

Stellardrone

I listen with my Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 Pro on low volume. I only wish YouTube Music app had a automatic timer stop.

Stellardrone is good. I also enjoy a lot of Endeleas, Dreamstate Logic, Carbon Based Lifeforms, Sonus Lab, Dynatron... Retro/ Synthwave is all over the map. When I don't feel like listening to anything specific, I tend to play space ambient or retro/ synthwave, depending on mood.

Yes, I remember one of the few Japanese albums I managed to buy which was released across here from the Yellow Magic Orchestra (yellow vinyl!) Great techno stuff. I prefer the jazz and also Isao Tomita.

Been really enjoying the new music from the alt-indie-folk supergroup boygenius, especially this song:

One of the things I'll really miss when my youngest flies the coop in another year or so is the discovery of new music through my kids.

- K

One of the things I'll really miss when my youngest flies the coop in another year or so is the discovery of new music through my kids.

Yes I went through that when my kids left. Most of the streaming services out there recommend based on what they think you already like, which is understandable from their standpoint (engagement) until you are looking for something new. There's always the grandkids... :)

(Ren ©)
“I wanted to make this track one of the most honest and raw pieces i've made. All live stripped back with just me and a guitar, It's probably my proudest works to date”

Ren, himself, describes this track perfectly and, indeed, he should be proud. Listening to this track was utterly absorbing. I was captivated from the start and the 9+ minutes went by in, what seemed like, no time.

Back