Music The Amazing Emporium of Wondrous Tunes (aka: What are you listening to?)

I just picked up this 45 today in a big purchase. It's one of my favorite honky-tonk tunes. Just the way he announces it to the world "Here I am..... I'm drunk again"...... I just love it. I'm really eyeing up a rare LP of his on eBay right now and trying my best to NOT click on the "Buy it Now" button.

Woke up thinking of Milton Nascimento´s "Ponta de Areia." One of the most beautiful melodies ever composed. If you are only going to listen to one of the versions below, go for Wayne Shorter's.

Woke up thinking of Milton Nascimento´s "Ponta de Areia." One of the most beautiful melodies ever composed. If you are only going to listen to one of the versions below, go for Wayne Shorter's.

'Native Dancer' is one of my alltime favorite records; I love 'Tarde' the most but the entire recording is just incredible.

Hey All,

Good Stuff Luke! I really like his rockabilly too!

Keeping with the theme of honkytonk I been on a retro kick abit and thought of this one by Gram and Emmy...

-Ed-

yesterday was an exhausting day plowing through a collection of around 3000 CDs. Despite the decline in CD sales, I am still compelled to buy great music on CD. I'm digging this CD while I mindlessly scan anything out of the ordinary to see if it's worth a ton before I put it out in the shop for $6.

Last edited:
I just picked up this 45 today in a big purchase. It's one of my favorite honky-tonk tunes. Just the way he announces it to the world "Here I am..... I'm drunk again"...... I just love it. I'm really eyeing up a rare LP of his on eBay right now and trying my best to NOT click on the "Buy it Now" button.
I think I've discovered the perfect country & western song...

Two days to wait for two packages. I wonder if others have this VU song go through their head while they await the visit from the nice man in the brown truck......
Ziggy Stardust and Transformer are 2 of my all-time favorite albums.

Back