Fuji The American Solar Eclipse, 21 August 2017

Odille

Rookie
Name
Odille
Anyone planning to cover this? I am going to TRY to raise the money to come over, so am seeking information. I posted on my Facebook page, and have now made a blog post about it.
The tentative plan is hire a campervan and drive from east to west, going south for the eclipse and then wending my way over to Seattle, as I have a very good friend there I'd like to visit, with Denver included if I can , just because I've always wanted to visit there :) And depending on finances, maybe a sortie north to Canada.

Eclipse wise, I am looking to go to the Tennessee area - where greatest eclipse occurs - for a week or so. I'd plan on 4 or 5 days pre-eclipse, so I can suss out sots, and a day after to 'unwind'. I do have a friend in Marietta, GA who has offered me a bed, and IMHO that's not too far to travel to the area I've chosen, but he seems to think it akin to a polar expedition. I guess I'm used to our Aussie distances, 100kms without a town or cafe or petrol station is nothing. I often do photography round trips 300kms in a day.

Here is the blog post, with a map, if anyone is in the TN/SC/GA region, any info you can offer would be very welcome.

Back