The Angel

Mike G

All-Pro
Name
Mike Gorman
This is the Angel station in Islington a name familiar to players of the London edition of Monopoly!

Angel.jpg

You brought everything out in this picture clarity, color. Really nice shot.

Happy memories, we go there every year the first Sat in Sep for the Angel festival held on the canal - my wife has a vintage stall on the towpath so I do get a chance to grab a few photos as well (we have been doing this event for about 8yrs and know many of the other stall holders).
This is the link to last years photos for those interested - 571 Photography: Islington - Angel
It's a great day and some good photo opportunities so let me know if you can make it Mike.

Never knew that event happened, like the photos of course!

I shall try and remember this event and perhaps pay a visit!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mike, sorry my mistake, it is always a Sunday - we travel down on the Sat and stay overnight ready to get setup about 1000hrs on the Sun. My wife has a vintage stall by the steps to the Narrowboat pub -great venue, great day with plenty of photo opportunities and good food as well.

I thought it strange that you had said Saturday, anyway the date is in my calendar, so maybe we'll bump into each other. Tell the lady in red I like a bit of retro, but I suspect her retro will be a little girlie for my taste! :D

My great great grandfather worked on the narrow boats in the 1860s, so I feel some affinity to the working boats, I also live quite close to the Grand Union canal, which of course should be called the Grand Junction canal!

Last edited by a moderator:
Will do Mike, the lady in red is my good lady and she does have some mens stuff on her stall, jackets / waistcoats / cufflinks and the like - hope to see you there and if you ask her she will tell me you are there so we can meet up and grab some shots together.

Back